If you’re on the search for a delicious gluten free dessert, these Cranberry Cheesecake Bars are a must-try! And, they can be made low carb and keto-friendly with one simple substitute. This healthy-ish dessert will have our friends and family begging you for this recipe – trust me!
Gluten Free Dessert – Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
Whether you’re making this gluten free dessert for the holidays or for a typical weekend treat, you will not be disappointed. The almond flour crust is nearly identical to the crust on a real cheesecake in terms of taste and texture and the homemade cranberry sauce brings in that sweet and tart flavor.
By the way, if you’re not a fan of cranberries, feel free to substitute them with blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries. But, these gluten free cheesecake bars are perfect with a cup of coffee or as a delicious dessert after dinner.
The Ingredients You’ll Need to Make This Gluten Free Dessert
To make these gluten free cranberry cheesecake bars, you’ll need to make them in layers. Here’s what you’ll need for each layer.
- Gluten Free Crust Layer: you’ll need almond flour, coconut flour, grass-fed butter or ghee, and granulated sweetener. For the sweetener, you can use raw cane sugar or any type of low carb sweetener, such as birch xylitol, monk fruit, erythritol, etc.
- Cheesecake Layer: you’ll need cream cheese (organic, if possible), egg yolk, vanilla and lemon flavors, and your choice of sweetener.
- Cranberry Sauce Layer: you’ll need fresh cranberries, cinnamon, and your sweetener of choice
- Pecan Crumble Layer: you’ll need pecans, almond flour, grass-fed butter or ghee, and sweetener
How to keep this recipe low carb friendly – for each layer, use a low carb sweetener rather than cane sugar and this recipe will be considered low carb friendly – simple as that!
How To Make These Gluten Free Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
This recipe isn’t hard to put together, but it does take a bit of effort because you’ll want to make it in layers. But, it’s completely worth it!!
- Step 1: Make the gluten free crust. Combine all crust ingredients in a bowl, roll it into a ball, and then press it into a lined 8×8 baking pan. Bake the crust and then let it cool before adding the other layers.
- Step 2: Make the Cranberry Sauce. In a small saucepan, add all cranberry sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer. Simmer for ten minutes to thicken and then let it cool to room temperature.
- Step 3: Make the Cheesecake Layer. Using a handheld electric mixer, whip up all of the cheesecake layer ingredients until fully combined.
- Step 4: Make the Pecan Crumble. Add ingredients to a food processor and pulse until it all comes together.
- Step 5: Assemble the Recipe. Add each layer to the pan and then bake until done. Let cool in the fridge and then cut to serve.
How To Store These Cheesecake Bars
If you’re not tempted to eat these right away, then feel free to store them in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. You’ll just want to cover the pan with foil or saran wrap.
To freeze, I recommend wrapping the bars individually with saran wrap so you can defrost them in single servings. They will freeze for up to one month.
Gluten Free Cheesecake Bars Recipe Video
Looking for more healthy dessert recipes?
If you’re on the search for more healthy desserts, I’ve got you covered. Here’s a few of my favorites…
- No-Bake Mango Pineapple Energy Balls (gluten free, vegan, dairy free)
- Flourless Protein Brownies (fluffy texture, gluten free, grain free)
- No-Bake Pumpkin Spice Cookies (grain free, low carb, paleo, dairy free)
- Chocolate Almond Butter Cups (grain free, dairy free, paleo)
- Low Calorie Coconut Water Fruit Popsicles (refreshing, vegan, paleo, grain free)