Are y’all ready to start the new year off with another awesome weight loss meal prep? This meal prep menu is super simple with no elaborate recipes because I wanted to make sure even beginner meal preppers aren’t intimidated by this menu.
If you have trouble sticking to a healthy eating plan or if you’re someone who thrives on having structured meals, you’re going to love this weight loss meal prep.
This plan is for a full 5-day work week and includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. All of the recipes on this plan are gluten free, grain free, dairy free, paleo, and super healthy!
Meal Prep Menu At-A-Glance
- Breakfast – Ground Turkey Egg Muffins with Avocado & Strawberries
- Lunch – Grain Free Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Dinner – Chicken Thighs or Salmon with Dairy Free Creamed Spinach and Sweet Potato Wedges
- Snack – Celery Sticks with Almond Butter
Get Grocery Shopping List for this Meal Prep – Free PDF Download
Watch Meal Prep Video Below
Each day on this plan will range anywhere between 1,470-1,570 calories, not including snacks. If you include the celery sticks with almond butter as a snack, your calorie count will increase by another 100-200 calories depending on how many tablespoons of almond butter you have.
Disclaimer: This is a weight loss meal prep for women who are moderately active (not athletes). Most women will see weight loss results with a daily caloric intake between 1,400-1,600 calories but results are not guaranteed. If you aren’t losing weight on my weight loss meal preps, consult with your doctor to discuss further options. Hormonal imbalances can play a major role in those who have difficulty losing weight. Men can also use my weight loss meal preps; however, you may need to double some of the recipes to increase your caloric intake to around 1,800-2,000 calories per day assuming you’re only moderately active.
Kitchen Essentials for this Meal Prep
To make this meal prep easier for you, here are the kitchen essentials I recommend…
- Glass Meal Prep Containers (without dividers)
- Glass Meal Prep Containers (with dividers)
- Silicon Muffin Liners
- Muffin Pan with 12 Slots
- Nut Milk Bag (for straining the frozen spinach)
- Optional: Portable Lunch Box Oven (this is great if you don’t want to use a microwave to re-heat your food while at work or on-the-go)
Turkey Sausage Egg Muffins with Avocado & Strawberries
For breakfast this week, I’m making these Ground Turkey Egg Muffins. These muffins are grain free, dairy free, and paleo friendly. This recipe yield 12 muffins, so you’ll serve two muffins for three days this week and three muffins the other two days.
Servings: 12 muffins | Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 25-30 min
1/2 lb Ground Turkey, 80% lean
1/2 tsp EACH: Sea Salt & Italian Seasoning,
1/4 tsp EACH: Black Pepper, Dried Thyme, Dried Sage, & Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 C. Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 Handful Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
1/2 Bell Pepper, de-seeded & chopped (any color is fine)
Sides: 1/2 Avocado for each meal prep container & 3-4 strawberries for each container
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a regular-sized muffin pan with at least 12 slots. You can also line them with these silicon muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground turkey until browned. Add seasonings and and mix well. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, almond milk, sea salt, and pepper. Whisk until egg yolks are fully broken down and everything is mixed well.
- In the muffin pan, add a small amount of chopped spinach to the bottom of each muffin slot. Then, add the ground turkey. Next, add the chopped bell pepper. Lastly, pour the egg mixture into each muffin slot.
- Bake muffins for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set. Let cool before removing from pan. Store in glass meal prep containers for up to 5 days.
Macros for Muffins (1 muffin)
Macros for 1/2 Avocado
Macros for 3-4 Strawberries
TOTAL CALORIES PER MEAL:
For the entire breakfast, your calories will range between 393-497 calories depending on if you have 2-3 muffins that day.
Grain Free Chicken Burrito Bowl
For lunch this week, I’m serving up this delicious Grain Free Chicken Burrito Bowl. This is hands down one of my favorite healthy lunch meal preps. It’s so full of flavor and really good for you!
Servings: makes 5 bowls | Total Cook Time: 25-30 min
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Seasoning for Chicken (to taste): Sea Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, & Cumin (you can also use a pre-made taco seasoning to season the chicken)
1 Red Bell Pepper, de-seeded & cut into strips
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, de-seeded & cut into strips
1 Yellow Onion, cut into strips
5 C. Cauliflower Rice (I use the pre-cut cauliflower rice from the frozen section at the grocery store)
1 Large Plantain (very ripe with dark spots), peeled & sliced into 1/2 inch slices
3 Tbsp Coconut or Avocado Oil
Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
10 Tbsp Salsa (I used a pre-made organic salsa but you can use homemade salsa)
1 Bundle Fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped
1 Lime, optional
- Season chicken breasts with seasonings to taste. Bake chicken at 375 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked through. You can also pressure cook the chicken on high for 10 minutes. Keep the valve sealed & do a quick release once the chicken is done.
- Shred both chicken breasts with a fork and set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, in a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp of oil and the sliced bell pepper & onion. Saute until this mixture is soft. Season with sea salt & pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add another tbsp of oil and cook the cauliflower rice until it reaches your desired texture. Season with sea salt & pepper, to taste. I also like to mix in some fresh chopped cilantro with the cauliflower rice along with lime juice but this is optional. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a skillet, add 1 Tbsp oil along with the plantain slices. Flip plantain slices every 2-3 minutes to avoid burning. Once the plantain slices are soft throughout and golden brown, remove from skillet & set aside.
- Assemble meal prep containers distributing ingredients evenly into each container starting with the cauliflower rice, bell pepper mixture, shredded chicken, salsa, plantain slices, and fresh cilantro. Also, add in 1/2 of an avocado to each container. Keep in fridge for up to 5 days.
Macros for 1 Burrito Bowl
Chicken Thighs and Wild Salmon with Dairy Free Creamed Spinach & Sweet Potato Wedges
For dinner this week, you’ll be having dairy free creamed spinach and sweet potato wedges along with chicken thighs (3 nights) and wild-caught salmon (2 nights). If you don’t like the way the sweet potato wedges taste when re-heated, feel free to make mashed sweet potatoes instead.
Servings: 5 | Total Cook Time: 25-30 min
Ingredients for creamed spinach:
1 Tbsp Coconut or Avocado Oil
1 Yellow Onion, diced
2-3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 (10 oz) Bag of Frozen Spinach
1.5 C. Coconut Cream (from full fat canned coconut milk)
Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
1-2 tsp Lemon Juice
Cheesecloth or Nut Milk Bag to strain spinach
Directions for creamed spinach:
- Defrost frozen spinach over night by placing bag in the refrigerator or put it in a strainer & run warm water over it.
- Add spinach to a cheesecloth or nut milk bag and strain out as much water as possible. Roughly chop the spinach & set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp of oil & the diced onion. Cook until soft & translucent. Then, reduce heat to low-medium.
- Next, add in the minced garlic & saute for 1-2 more minutes. Then, add in the chopped spinach. Mix well. Cook another 2-3 more minutes.
- Add in the coconut cream and mix well. **Note: Coconut cream is the cream that sits on top of a can of full fat coconut milk. You can place the can in the fridge the night before to ensure the cream separates from the water but it’s not necessary.
- Add in the lemon juice. Then, season with sea salt & pepper, to taste. Mix well and continue to cook on low-medium for 3-4 more minutes. Transfer to meal prep containers.
Ingredients for chicken thighs:
3 Chicken Thighs
Seasonings: Sea Salt, Pepper, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Paprika (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rub seasonings onto the chicken thighs and place in an oven-safe dish. Add a splash of water in between each chicken thighs (not too much) to keep it moist while baking.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until chicken thighs are fully cooked through. Remove and let cool before transferring to meal prep containers.
Ingredients for salmon
2 (4-6 oz) Salmon Filets (get wild-caught, if possible)
1 Tbsp Avocado or Coconut Oil
Seasonings to taste: Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, Sea Salt & Pepper
- Add oil to a skillet over medium heat. Rub salmon filets with seasoning and place into skillet.
- Cook salmon on each side until fully cooked through. Be careful not to over cook the salmon and dry it out.
- Transfer salmon to meal prep containers.
Ingredients for sweet potato wedges
2 medium-large Sweet Potatoes, peeled
1 Tbsp Avocado or Melted Coconut Oil
Seasonings to taste: Sea Salt, Dried Rosemary, & Paprika
Directions for baking
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet and set aside.
- Cut peeled sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch thick wedges/fries.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sweet potato wedges, oil, and seasonings. Mix until all of the sweet potatoes wedges are coated with the oil.
- Spread wedges evenly onto the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges. Transfer to meal prep containers.
Directions for air fryer
- Follow Steps 2 & 3 above.
- Spread sweet potato wedges evenly onto the air fryer basket.
- Air fry wedges at 390 degrees F. for 10 minutes. Shake basket. Air fry another 3-5 minutes or until wedges are slightly browned around the edges. Repeat the air frying process until all of the wedges are cooked. Transfer to meal prep containers.
Macros for Full Dinner with Chicken Thighs
Macros for Full Dinner with Salmon
Celery Sticks & Almond Butter
If you find yourself needing a snack during the week, feel free to snack on celery sticks and almond butter. The best way to keep your celery sticks fresh & extra crunchy throughout the week is to cut them into sticks, add them to mason jars, fill jars to the top with water, add lid, and store in the fridge.
Keep in mind that 1 Tbsp of almond butter containers 100 calories. I suggest sticking to no more than 2 Tbsp of almond butter per day while snacking. Feel free to pre-portion out your almond butter as well as shown in the meal prep video.
Looking for more Weight Loss Meal Preps?
If you’re on the search for more weight loss meal preps, I have you covered! Below are some of the other meal preps I’ve posted. If you need more accountability, be sure to check out my 21-Day Program, which includes 21 Days of Weight Loss Meal Plans & much more content to help you reach your goals.
- 5-Day Ultimate Fat Loss Meal Prep (super easy recipes!)
- 5-Day Weight Loss Meal Prep (with more variety!)
- 5-Day Anti-Inflammatory Meal Prep (great for both weight loss & reducing bloating!)
- Carb-Cycling Meal Prep (great for balancing hormones)
Comment below if you give this weight loss meal prep a try! Also, don’t forget to that me in your recipe photos over on Instagram.