There’s no better way to start off the new year than with a new Healthy Meal Prep for Weight loss post – yes, I’m a little late, but better late than never! As with all of my healthy meal preps, this menu is for a full 5-day work week and includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
All of the recipes on this week’s meal prep are gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free and can be made low carb.
As you know, my healthy meal preps are intended to help you jumpstart your health and weight loss journey with wholesome, nutrient-dense, homemade meals that are easy to whip up and full of flavor. That’s right – my meals are never boring or bland. (hello, seasoning!)
Planning and prepping your meals in advance can be make all the difference with how fast you reach your weight loss goals and not only will it help you stay on track with your healthy eating, but it’ll also save you money at the grocery store.
**TIP: If you like more variety throughout the week, feel free to mix and match any of the recipes from my previous healthy meal preps.
- Breakfast: Hormone-Supporting Chia Pudding w/ Homemade Blueberry Puree
- Lunch: Teriyaki Ground Turkey & Cauli-Rice Bowl
- Dinner: Dairy Free Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Snack: Celery Sticks and Nut Butter
Calories At-A-Glance for this Weight Loss Meal Prep
This meal prep menu ranges from 1,439-1,639 calories per day depending on whether or not you include the chocolate protein shake as a snack. Keep in mind, the average woman needs around 2,000 calories per day to maintain her weight and 1,500-1,600 calories per day to lose weight. This will vary depending on your fitness level and how often you exercise.
Therefore, my meal preps are based on averages and aim to stay within this range. If you find that you’re not losing weight after reducing calorie intake, you may want to get your doctor to check your hormones and vitamin/mineral levels as these may be hindering your weight loss results.
Disclaimer: This is a weight loss meal prep for women who are moderately active (not athletes). Most women will see weight loss results with a daily caloric intake between 1,400-1,600 calories but results are not guaranteed. If you aren’t losing weight on my weight loss meal preps, consult with your doctor to discuss further options. Hormonal imbalances can play a major role in those who have difficulty losing weight even after cutting calories. Men can also use my weight loss meal preps; however, you may need to double some of the recipes to increase your caloric intake to around 1,800-2,000 calories per day assuming you’re only moderately active.
Get the Grocery Shopping List for this Weight Loss Meal Prep Below
(Free PDF Download)
Watch Weight Loss Meal Prep Video Below
Kitchen Essentials for this Meal Prep
Kitchen Items for This Meal Prep:
- Glass Meal Prep Containers (without dividers)
- Glass Meal Prep Containers (with dividers)
- Stainless Steel Sauce Cups (for dressings, syrups, sauces, etc.)
- Spiralizer (to make zucchini noodles)
- Optional: Food Processor with Grater Attachment
Food Items for This Meal Prep:
- Avocado Oil Non-Stick Spray (use code KAYLA10 for 10% Off)
- Avocado Oil (use code KAYLA10 for 10% Off)
- Chia Seeds
- Pure Maple Syrup or Raw Honey
- Ashwagandha Powder
- Coconut Aminos (soy sauce alternative)
- Rice Vinegar
- Tapioca Flour
- Celtic Sea Salt
- Gluten Free Chickpea Pasta Noodles Or Cassava Flour Noodles (if you don’t want to use zucchini noodles)
- Nutritional Yeast
Hormone-Supporting Chia Pudding w/ Blueberry Puree
This breakfast chia pudding is a natural energy booster thanks to the ashwagandha powder, which is an adaptogenic herb that’s great for supporting your adrenal glands and your body’s stress response. If you’ve never tried ashwagandha before, start with a smaller amount (1/4-1/2 tsp) and work your way up to 1 tsp. Disclaimer.. if you’re on prescription medication(s), always consult with your doctor before including adaptogenic herbs into your diet as they are very powerful herbs.
Low Carb Option: This recipe can be made low carb and Keto-friendly by using a low carb sweetener instead of maple syrup or honey.
Teriyaki Ground Turkey and Cauli-Rice Bowl
Okay, y’all… THIS recipe is a must-try! I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s one of my top 5 favorite recipes I’ve ever shared. I was craving something Asian-inspired and thought about teriyaki sauce for some reason. So, I whipped up my soy-free teriyaki sauce with a ground turkey mixture (for more protein) and WOW-zers! I paired it with cauliflower rice to keep it low calorie and low carb but feel free to serve it with brown or white rice (or even quinoa).
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
If you enjoy dishes with cream sauces, then you’ll love this one! This creamy tuscan chicken over sauteed zucchini noodles is so satisfying and extra filling. Best of all, it’s dairy free and so good for you! And, feel free to swap out the zucchini noodles for any type of gluten free noodles, but keep it mind that it will increase the calorie count.
Celery Sticks and Nut Butter
We’re keeping the snacks simple this week with celery sticks and almond butter. I think it’s important to remember that you don’t have to make fancy snack recipes for every weekly meal prep. Sometimes, a quick and healthy snack is all you need to curb your appetite and keep you energized.
Print Full 5-Day Meal Prep Menu Below
Looking for more Healthy Meal Prep Menus?
If you’re on the search for more healthy meal preps, I have lots of free 5-day menus to choose from. If you’re looking for more of a longterm commitment, check out my 21-Day Program, which contains 21 days of meal plans.
- 5-Day Weight Loss Meal Prep (sweet potato waffles, chicken pasta salad, fajitas, etc.)
- 5-Day Weight Loss Meal Prep (breakfast frittata, broccoli salad, chicken meatballs, etc.)
- 5-Day Anti Inflammatory Meal Prep (breakfast hash, salmon patties, golden soup, etc.)
- 5-Day Weight Loss Meal Prep (pancakes, pasta salad, turkey chili stuffed sweet potatoes, etc.)
- 5-Day Weight Loss Meal Prep (burrito bowl, egg mufins, creamed spinach, etc.)
- 5-Day Anti Inflammatory Meal Prep (sweet potato breakfast bowl, butternut squash soup, fish taco bowl, etc.)