I have another meal prep post for y’all today! I’m sharing a Full Work Week of Easy Meal Prep, which will include breakfast, lunch, and snack options. In the near future, I’ll be doing a post for easy dinner meal prep as well!
This meal prep will be an example of the eating style I personally stick to, which is called Keto Carb-Cycling. So, Monday and Thursday will be my moderate carb days where I include some healthy starchy, paleo-friendly carbs. And, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday will be my low carb, Keto days.
The idea behind this week’s meal prep post is to show you how you can prep easy, healthy meals in one hour. The key to getting this meal prep done in one hour is to start by prepping the items that take the longest to cook first: sweet potatoes & chicken legs.
Below is the order I suggest prepping your recipes to maximize your time in the kitchen:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Chicken Legs
- Beef Mixture (for stuffing the sweet potatoes)
- Lemon Glaze (to season chicken legs)
- Creamed Spinach
- Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- Veggie Egg Scramble
- Breakfast Smoothies
- Snacks: Celery Sticks with Ranch & Boiled Eggs
Monday & Thursday (Carb Days) Menu:
- Breakfast – Fat Burning Smoothie
- Lunch – Taco Stuffed Sweet Potato
Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday (Keto Days) Menu:
- Breakfast – Veggie Egg Scramble & Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- Lunch – Lemon Pepper Chicken Legs & Creamed Spinach
Snack Options During the Week:
- Celery Sticks with My Homemade Keto Ranch Dressing (Dairy Free)
- Organic Boiled Eggs
Comment below if you give this week’s meal prep a try! **If you’re looking for great meal prep containers that are glass (not plastic), here are the ones I use.
Watch Recipe Video Below…
Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
Sea Salt (to taste)
1/2 lb Grass-fed Ground Beef
2-3 Tbsp Your Favorite Taco Seasoning (see mine in notes below)
1/4 C. Onion, chopped
1/4 C. Bell Pepper, de-seeded & chopped
1/4 C. Tomatoes, diced
Avocado (to taste as a topping)
- For the Sweet Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. ** If using an air fryer, set to bake option at 375 degrees F.
- Coat/rub sweet potatoes with coconut oil and sea salt. Cook until soft throughout.
- For the Beef Mixture:
- Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until 75% done. Then, add the chopped onion and bell pepper. Continue to cook until beef is done and onion and bell pepper are slightly soft.
- Add taco seasoning and mix well. Then, add diced tomatoes and mix again. **If you’re using leaner ground beef, you may need to add a bit of water to keep the beef mixture moist.
- Once the potatoes are done, cut them down the middle and scoop out about 75% of the potato and add to a mixing bowl. Then, add the beef mixture to the mixing bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Add this mixture back into the potato skins. Add avocado slices on the side to enjoy with your Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. **You can may have some leftover… just add it to your meal prep containers on the side.