Today’s post is the second in a mini series where I’m sharing Easy 10-Minute Dinner Recipes that you can prep on busy week nights. In the first post, I shared my Low Carb Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps and they were a big hit with y’all! Well, today, I’m sharing my Paleo Sweet Potato Taco Skillet.
I don’t know about you but I love one-skillet meals because not only are they easy to put together, but they’re always so tasty! And, today’s Taco Skillet does not disappoint!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, and Paleo Friendly. If you don’t already know, I stick to a Carb-Cycling Eating Style or Keto Carb-Cycling eating style where I rotate my carb intake. And, my favorite time to incorporate heathy carbs is for dinner. This paleo dinner recipe is an example of a dinner I would eat on my moderate carb days.
Be sure to tag me in your recipe photos on Instagram!
Paleo Sweet Potato Taco Skillet | 10-Minute Dinner RecipeCourse: Dinner, Gluten Free, Paleo Recipes
1 Large Sweet Potato peeled & cubed
2 Tbsp Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, or Grass-fed Ghee
1/2 Jalepeno Pepper de-seeded & chopped
1/2-1 Whole Bell Pepper de-seeded & chopped
1/2 Small Purple Onion chopped
2 Garlic Cloves minced
1 lb Grass-fed Ground Beef
1 Packet Organic Taco Seasoning (or 2-4 Tbsp, to taste)
Optional Toppings: Lime Juice, Cilantro, Avocado, Organic Sour Cream, etc.
- Add 1 Tbsp of cooking oil to a skillet over medium-high heat along with the cubed sweet potato. Keep in mind, the smaller the cubes, the faster it’ll cook. Stir to coat all of the cubes with the oil. Cover skillet with a lid to cook faster. Halfway through cooking, add a splash of water to create some steam and cover with a lid again. Continue to stir potatoes throughout cooking to avoid burning. Remove from stovetop once the potatoes are soft. **The potatoes may get a little mushy, which is completely fine because we’ll be mixing it in with the beef mixture anyway.
- In a separate skillet (while the potatoes are cooking), add 1 Tbsp of cooking oil over medium-high heat along with the chopped jalepeno, bell pepper, and onion. Saute until soft. Cover skillet with a lid to cook faster. Once they’re slightly soft, add in the minced garlic and saute a few more minutes.
- Then, add in the ground beef and cook until beef is browned. Once browned, add the taco seasoning and stir to combine.
- Once the beef mixture is done, transfer the sweet potatoes to the skillet with the beef and stir to combine.
- To serve, keep the mixture in the skillet and adding your favorite toppings (i.e. avocado, lime juice, cilantro, organic cheese, etc.). If you’re paleo, you can eat with some of the Siete Grain Free chips (so good!).