Having a healthy, homemade dairy free ranch dressing recipe on hand is a must for me because I’m a huge fan of ranch anything. The best part is that you can use this recipe as either a salad dressing or a dip with one simple addition (water).
This ranch dressing is dairy free, vegan, gluten free, grain free, low carb, keto, and paleo. But don’t let all of those labels fool you because this ranch dressing recipe is very tasty!
Watch Healthy Snacks Video Below
Why I Choose Homemade Ranch Instead of Store Bought
Most store bought ranch dressings and dips contain pro-inflammatory vegetable oils, artificial preservatives and flavors, added sugars, etc.
And, since I love eating ranch pretty much on a weekly basis for dipping my vegetable sticks, as a salad dressing, etc., it’s important to me that I make sure it’s super healthy and uses only high quality ingredients.
Ingredients for Dairy Free Ranch Dressing & Dip
Once you realize how simple and easy this homemade ranch dressing is to put together, you’ll be making this on repeat every week.
- Avocado Mayonnaise – To keep this ranch dressing super healthy, it’s key that you use a high quality mayonnaise. Personally, I like to use the Avocado Mayo from Primal Kitchen (use code KAYLA10 for 10% off) *To make this ranch dressing vegan, just use a vegan-friendly mayonnaise.
- Coconut Cream – This is the cream that sits on top when you open a can of full fat coconut milk. This is what I use to keep this recipe dairy free instead of using sour cream and heavy cream.
- Ranch Seasonings – The blend of ranch seasonings is imperative to making this taste like “real” ranch dressing.
How To Make Dairy Free Ranch Dressing & Dip
Making this dairy free ranch dressing only takes about 5 minutes and will last in the fridge all week! Here’s how to make it.
- Mix the base. Add the mayonnaise and coconut cream to a bowl and whisk until fully combined.
- Add the seasonings: Mix the seasonings into the base.
- Store: Add to a glass mason jar with a lid and store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
More Healthy Snack Ideas
If you’re on the search for more healthy snack ideas that are gluten free, grain free, low carb, paleo, vegan, and delicious, here’s a few of my favorites.
- Flourless Brownies – grain free, high in protein, super delicious!
- Chili Lime Plantain Chips – craving a crunchy snack? Try these!
- Hydrating Coconut Water Fruit Popsicles – so refreshing and low calorie
- Mango Pineapple Energy Balls – these are kid friendly and only 100 calories per ball
- Homemade Jello – great for hair, skin, nails, leaky gut, and kid friendly!
- Ranch Roasted Almonds – if you’re craving something salty & crunchy, try these!
Homemade Dairy Free Ranch Dressing (and dip)Course: Sides, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
This dairy free ranch dressing is vegan, gluten free, healthy, and super delicious!
1 C. Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayonnaise (to make this vegan, use a vegan-friendly mayo)
1 C. Coconut Cream (see notes below)
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Dried Dill
1 tsp Dried Parsley
1 tsp Dried Chives
1 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp White or Black Pepper
2 tsp Lemon Juice
Pinch of Sea Salt
3-4 Tbsp Water (optional)
- Add mayonnaise and coconut cream to a bowl and whisk until fully combined.
- Add in all remaining ingredients, except the water. Mix until fully combined.
- If you want to eat this as a ranch dip, leave as is. If you want to eat this as a ranch salad dressing, add 3-4 Tbsp of water to thin out the consistency.
- Store in a glass mason jar or container with a lid in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Coconut cream is the cream that sits on top of a can of full fat coconut milk. You should be able to get 1 cup of cream from 1 can of full fat coconut milk.
Nutrition Info for Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
Calories for the Ranch Dip (no water added)
Calories for the Ranch Dressing (with 3-4 Tbsp of water added to thin consistency)