I admit, I’ve fallen victim to the Tiktok craze! And, recently, I noticed these frozen banana snickers going viral, so I had to give them a try. And, let me just say… they definitely live up to the hype!
If you’re craving something sweet and chocolate-y, then you’ll want to give these a try. And, the best is that they are gluten free, grain free, dairy free, vegan, and paleo friendly.
Watch Healthy Snacks Video Below
Ingredients for these Frozen Banana Snickers
These are so easy to put together and the ingredients are super simple. Here’s what you’ll need…
- Yellow Bananas – I prefer using yellow bananas for this recipe, instead of super ripe bananas, because they tend to hold their shape better when slicing.
- Nut Butter – Any type of unsweetened nut butter is great with this recipe. I like to use almond butter.
- Chopped Nuts and/or Seeds – Any type of chopped nuts or seeds will work. Today, I’m using a mixture of raw pecans and raw pumpkin seeds. I like to sneak in pumpkin seeds whenever I can because they’re a great source of zinc.
- Chocolate Drizzle – Technically, you can use any type of melted chocolate. However, I’ll be making homemade chocolate with organic chocolate baking chips and coconut oil.
How To Make Frozen Banana Snickers
These are very easy to put together and will last in the freezer for up to two weeks. Here’s how to make them…
- Slice bananas. Slice in half and then slice in half again length-wise.
- Spread nut butter. Spread nut butter on each banana half.
- Layer the nuts. Sprinkle chopped nuts over the nut butter.
- Make the chocolate drizzle. Drizzle the chocolate over each banana.
- Freeze. Allow bananas to firm up overnight. Before serving, let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
Other Healthy Snack Ideas
If you’re on the search for other healthy snack ideas that are gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and delicious, here’s a few of my favorites.
- Flourless Brownies – grain free, high in protein, super delicious!
- Chili Lime Plantain Chips – craving a crunchy snack? Try these!
- Hydrating Coconut Water Fruit Popsicles – so refreshing and low calorie
- Mango Pineapple Energy Balls – these are kid friendly and only 100 calories per ball
- Homemade Jello – great for hair, skin, nails, leaky gut, and kid friendly!
- Ranch Roasted Almonds – if you’re craving something salty and crunchy, try these!
Frozen Banana Snickers (Tiktok Viral Recipe) | Gluten Free & VeganCourse: Snacks, DessertDifficulty: Easy
These frozen banana snickers are a delicious gluten free and vegan dessert and snack.
2 Yellow Bananas, peeled
8 Tbsp Unsweetened Almond Butter
1/4 C. Pecans, chopped
1/4 C. Pumpkin Seeds, chopped
Pinch of sea salt
- For the Chocolate Drizzle:
1/2 C. Chocolate Baking Chips or Baking Bar
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Slice bananas in half and then in half again length-wise.
- Spread 1 Tbsp of almond butter on each banana slice.
- Mix the chopped pecans and pumpkin seeds. Then, sprinkle 1 Tbsp of the nuts/seeds mixture onto each banana slice.
- For the Chocolate Drizzle:
- You can heat the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave. But, if you don’t want to use a microwave, add 1-2 cups of water to a saucepan over medium heat. Place a glass mixing bowl on top of the saucepan.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to the glass bowl and stir constantly allowing it to melt.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the bananas. Freeze bananas for 12-24 hours to firm up.
- When ready to serve, allow frozen banana snickers to sit at room temperature to soften a bit before eating. ENJOY!
- These frozen banana snickers will stay fresh in the freezer for up to two weeks.
Nutrition Info for Frozen Banana Snickers
The macros below are for one banana slice without chocolate drizzle. It’s difficult to calculate the macros for chocolate drizzle because there are so many different types of chocolate baking chips on the market… some with more sugar and carbs than others. So, be sure to add the extra calories to the below macros based on the chocolate chips you’re using to make the chocolate drizzle.