It’s Chili season! Yay! Okay y’all, I’m a huge fan of chili, and I love to make it all different ways. Traditional Chili. Southwestern Chili. Sweet Potato Chili (yes, that’s a thing!). Bison Chili. You get the point. Well, today, I’m sharing my Hearty Beef ‘n Bacon Low Carb Keto Chili Recipe. And, it’s hands down one of my favorite healthy chili recipes.
I also love the fact that this is a chili recipe with no beans because sometimes too many beans can cause stomach upset and bloating. In fact, this chili doesn’t bloat you at all. But, it’s definitely hearty and filling just without the bloat.
Whether you’re on a low carb Keto diet or not, I guarantee the whole family will love this chili recipe. And, you can serve it with my Keto Bread Recipe or my Paleo Cornbread Recipe as a side item. Both are delicious.
This Keto Chili is great for weekly meal prep as it will last in the fridge for up to a week! Just reheat and enjoy. You can also freeze this chili and it’ll last in the freezer for up to a month so feel free to prep it in large batches. I’ve done this several times and it doesn’t seem to change the flavor at all.
Hearty Beef and Bacon Keto ChiliCourse: Lunch, DinnerDifficulty: Easy
5 Slices of Bacon (Uncured, Pasture Raised)
1/2 Purple Onion, diced
1/2-1 Green Bell Pepper, de-seeded & chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1.5 lbs Grass-fed Ground Beef
2 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 Tbsp Cumin
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 6oz Can Sugar Free Tomato Paste
2 15oz Cans Diced Tomatoes
1/4 tsp Baking Soda (to reduce acidity)
2-3 Bay Leaves
Optional Toppings: Organic Cheese, Organic Sour Cream, Avocado, Jalepenos, etc.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned. Once done, transfer to plate with a paper towel to drain the grease. Set bacon aside.
- Pour out about 50-75% of the bacon skillet from the skillet (leave enough to sautés vegetables).
- Add chopped onion and bell pepper to skillet and saute until slightly soft and translucent. Add minced garlic and saute for 1-2 more minutes until flagrant.
- Add ground beef to skillet and continue to cook until beef is browned. Drain the grease then add beef mixture back to the skillet.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, pepper, and low carb sweetener. Mix until fully combined into the beef mixture.
- Add the tomato paste and mix again. Then, add the diced tomatoes. And, continue to mix until fully combined. Add baking soda and bay leaves. Mix again.
- Allow chili mixture to simmer on low for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, for maximum flavor. Crumble bacon into pieces and stir into the chili. When ready to serve, add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Looking for more healthy dinner recipes?
If you’re on the search for more healthy dinner ideas, here are a few of my personal favorites…
Creamy Potato Soup (dairy free)
Paleo Sweet Potato Taco Skillet (one skillet meal)
Bacon Sausage Butternut Squash Soup (dairy free)
Paleo Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet (one skillet meal)
Grain Free Meatloaf Recipe (paleo & gluten free)