One pan or one skillet meals are THE BEST… mainly because they’re so easy to whip up and always tastes great (as long as you season them right!).
This recipe is very versatile. Feel free to substitute the ground turkey with ground beef or ground chicken. You can even substitute the veggies with other veggies as well, such as zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, eggplant, etc. Customize it to your liking!
You can also make this recipe in advance if you’re into meal prepping. It’ll last for a week in the refrigerator.
Of course, this recipe is paleo friendly, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free, and sugar free.
Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet (easy healthy dinner)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut or Avocado Oil
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 of a Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper, de-seeded and chopped any color
- 1-2 C. Curly Kale, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1.5 C. Sweet Potato, skin removed and chopped into small cubes
- Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the ground turkey & minced garlic.Cook until turkey is about 50% done then add chopped onion, bell pepper, & kale.Continue to cook until onion and bell pepper are slightly soft.
- Next, add the cubed potatoes, sea salt, & pepper. Stir to combine everything. Cover the skillet with a lid & continue to cook until potatoes are soft. Be sure to stir every few minutes to avoid burning. *If you need to add a bit of water to help the potatoes cook faster, that's fine (I added about 1/3 C. of water a little at a time to keep it moist).
- Once potatoes are soft, it's ready to serve. Enjoy 1/2 of this skillet recipe as 1 serving.Feel free to garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro.
***If you’re looking to try the paleo diet and need guidance or want to do a 30 day paleo reset, check out my Paleo Meal Plan Subscription. It’s designed to balance hormones, increase metabolism, and help speed up weight loss results (one lady lost 12 lbs in the first 2.5 weeks!)