Today, I’m sharing my Savory Breakfast Balanced Bowl with Grass-fed Beef Sausage. This is one of my absolute favorite breakfast balanced bowl recipes, which is a 1-bowl meal with a healthy ratio of carbs, fats, and proteins, when I want something super filling and satisfying.
For more Balanced Bowl recipes, check out this blog post where I share my Blackened Cod Bowl with Strawberry Pineapple Salsa and my Chimichurri Steak and Quinoa Balanced Bowl.
What I love about balanced bowls is that you can prep most of the ingredients in advance at the beginning of the week as part of your meal prep routine. And, once you’re ready to serve it, just re-heat the portions that need re-heated, add some fresh toppings (i.e. avocado), and ENJOY!
This balanced bowl is 100% gluten free and dairy free. It can be made lower carb by substituting the cilantro rice with cauliflower rice.
BALANCED BOWL | Savory Breakfast Bowl with Grass-fed Beef SausageCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Medium
- For the Beef Breakfast Sausage (makes 8 patties):
1 lb Grass-fed Ground Beef
1 tsp EACH of Sea Salt, Paprika, and Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp EACH of Dried Sage, Thyme, Onion Powder, Black Pepper, and Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tbsp Avocado Oil or Grass-fed Ghee
- For the Quinoa (4 servings):
1 C. Dry Quinoa
2 C. Water
Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
- For the Sauteed Vegetables (2 servings):
1 C. Cherry Tomatoes
1 C. Baby Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
2 C. Kale, de-stemeed & roughly chopped
2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
- For the Soft Boiled Egg (1 serving):
- For the Beef Sausage:
- In a mixing bowl, add all sausage ingredients and mix until fully combined. Separate into roughly 8 equal parts and form into patties.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp of oil along with the sausage patties and cook on each side until fully cooked through. Drain excess oil on a paper towel.
- For the Quinoa:
- Add the water and quinoa to a saucepan along with a pinch of sea salt. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low-medium, cover with a lid, and let simmer for 15 minutes. Once done, leave the lid on for 5 minutes. Then, fluff it up with a fork and season with sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- For the Sauteed Vegetables:
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp of avocado oil along with the cherry tomatoes and sliced mushrooms. Saute those until the tomatoes are blistered and the mushrooms are soft. Season with sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add one more Tbsp of oil along with the kale. Saute the kale until it has wilted to your liking. Then, lightly season it with sea salt and pepper.
- For the Soft Boiled Egg:
- Add water to a saucepan over high heat. Once it begins boiling, gently lower the egg into the saucepan and let it boil for 6-7 minutes. Place egg into ice water once done to stop the cooking process. Then, remove the shell and cut the egg open. **Feel free to use a hard boiled egg for this balanced bowl, if preferred.
- For Balanced Bowl Assembly
- When ready to serve, add 1 serving of each to your bowl and ENJOY!!
- For meal prepping, you can prepare the individual ingredients beforehand at the beginning of the week (except the soft boiled egg) and reheat them when ready to serve throughout the week.
Macros for this Balanced Bowl
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for one Savory Breakfast Balanced Bowl. This includes 1 serving of each.
Looking for more 1-Bowl or 1-Pan Meals?
Below, I’ve listed some of my favorite 1-bowl and 1-pan recipes for easy meal prepping. All of the recipes below are gluten free and dairy free.
- Chimichurri Steak and Quinoa Balanced Bowl
- Blackened Cod Balanced Bowl with Strawberry Pineapple Salsa
- Paleo Sweet Potato Taco Skillet