Hey y’all! Today’s recipe post is part 1 of a healthy lunch box meal prep series I’m doing with Monbento where I’m sharing 5 Make-Ahead Healthy Lunch Box Ideas using their popular Bento Boxes, MB Jars, and MB Water Bottle. In this post, I’m sharing my delicious loaded burger bowl salad in a jar, and all I can say is – IT IS AMAZINGLY GOOD!
All of their containers are BPA Free, airtight, and dishwasher safe. If you’re looking for super functional lunch boxes, their containers are amazing! Use code KAYLACHANDLER10 for 10% Off the entire website!
This healthy salad recipe is 100% gluten free, paleo, grain free, and can be made low carb & Keto friendly by subsituting the Thousand Island Dressing with my homemade Dairy Free Ranch Dressing.
How to Prepare this Loaded Burger Bowl Salad In A Jar
Any salad can be prepped salad-in-a-jar style by simply layering the ingredients. The idea is to add the salad dressing to the bottom of the jar followed by the protein. Then, simply layer the ingredients with the highest water content on the bottom with the lettuce being the last ingredient added to avoid it getting soggy.
By prepping your salads in a jar, you can usually prep them up to 3-4 days in advance. So, it’s an easy way to meal prep salads as a healthy lunch option throughout the week that you just grab-and-go!
I love the MB Jar for this because it has the airtight seal on the lid so it tends to stay fresher longer, but you can also use a regular mason jar.
Loaded Burger Bowl Salad In A Jar (with homemade Thousand Island Dressing)Course: Lunch, DinnerDifficulty: Easy
This healthy salad can be prepped in advance for a healthy lunch on-the-go. It’s gluten free and paleo.
- For the Beef Mixture:
1 lb 85% Lean Grass-Fed Ground Beef
1/2 Yellow Onion, finely diced
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
Dash of Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Ingredients for the Salad Layers:
4 Slices of Turkey Bacon, cooked & cut into bite-size pieces
1 Red Onion, finely chopped
1 C. Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1/2 C. Dill Pickle Slices, chopped
1/2 C. Organic Shredded Cheese (optional, eliminate for strict Paleo)
4 C. Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- For Thousand Island Dressing (Makes 1 Cup):
1/2 C. + 1 Tbsp Avocado Mayonnaise (I use Primal Kitchen, KAYLA10 for 10% off)
1 Tbsp Organic Ketchup
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1/2 tsp Raw Honey
1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
3 Tbsp Organic Pickled Relish (sweetened or unsweetened, based on preference)
3 Tbsp Water
- Directions for Salad:
- Add ground beef to a skillet over medium heat. Once it’s about 50% done, add all of the beef seasonings. Mix until fully combined. Then, add the chopped yellow onion. Continue cooking until the ground beef is fully browned and the onion is soft and translucent.
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the Thousand Island ingredients, except the water, and mix until fully combined. Then, pour in the water slowly while mixing. Continue mixing until fully combined.
- Separate all of the salad ingredients into 4 equal parts, including the ground beef mixture. Get 4 MB Jars or Mason Jars and get ready to layer!
- To assemble each salad-in-a-jar, pour in the thousand island dressing first to coat the bottom of the jar (usually about 2-3 Tbsp). Then, layer the salad in this order: ground beef mixture, red onion, cherry tomatoes, chopped pickles, turkey bacon, shredded cheese, and romaine lettuce.
- Place in fridge for up to 3-4 days. When ready to serve, dump everything into a bowl or onto a plate, mix, and ENJOY!
Nutritional Info (Macros)
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for 1 Loaded Burger Bowl Salad (not including the thousand island dressing).
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for 1 serving of the Thousand Island Dressing. 1 Serving = 2 Tbsp
Looking for More Healthy Lunch Ideas?
If you’re on the search for more healthy lunch recipes, I’ve listed a few of my favorites below!
- Turkey Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad (grain free and paleo)
- Pecan Butternut Squash Chicken & Wild Rice (gluten free)
- Autumn Harvest Nourishing Buddha Bowl (vegan and plant-based)
- Meal Replacement Superfood Smoothie (for boosting weight loss)
- Creamy Salmon Salad (great for sandwiches, wraps, etc.)
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Monbento, and I did receive compensation for this post. All of the opinions are my own. Thank you for your support! It is because of you that I’m able to maintain this blog and continue posting new recipes and content for y’all.