Hey y’all! Today’s recipe post is part 4 of a healthy lunch box meal prep series I’m doing with Monbento where I’m sharing 5 Make-Ahead Healthy Lunch Box Ideas using their popular Bento Boxes, MB Jars, and MB Water Bottle. In this post, I’m sharing my Creamy Salmon Salad.
All of the Monbento containers are BPA Free, airtight, and dishwasher safe. If you’re looking for super functional lunch boxes, their containers are amazing! Use code KAYLACHANDLER10 for 10% Off the entire website!
You can’t share healthy lunch ideas without including some sort of healthy creamy salad recipe, right? Lol! I’ve already shared my avocado egg salad and traditional egg salad recipes. So, it’s time to share my creamy salmon salad recipe!
For this recipe, I like using fresh wild-caught salmon instead of canned salmon because, in my opinion, it tastes so much better! And, to keep it clean & paleo-friendly, I’ll be using the Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayonnaise.
And, to pack this lunch box, I’m using the larger MB Square Bento Box, which fits things like sandwiches and wraps really well plus lots of extra space for snacks.
Creamy Salmon Salad | Low Carb, Paleo, and Grain FreeCourse: Lunch, DinnerDifficulty: Easy
This creamy salmon salad is perfect for lunch meal prep. It’s paleo, low carb, and grain free!
12 oz Wild-Caught Salmon (about 3 filets)
1 Tbsp Avocado Oil or Coconut Oil
Seasoning to taste: sea salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder
1/4 C. Red Onion, finely diced
1/4 C. Celery, chopped
2-4 Tbsp Green Onion, chopped
2 Tbsp Fresh Dill, finely minced (or 1/2 tsp dried dill)
2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 C. Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayonnaise (use KAYLA10 for 10% off)
Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Lightly season the salmon filets with sea salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Add oil to a skillet over medium heat. Place the salmon in the skillet and cook on each side until fully cooked through and slightly charred on the outer flesh. It should only take about 10-12 minutes to cook.
- Once the salmon has cooled, remove the skin and then flake it with a fork.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flaked salmon and all remaining ingredients. Mix until fully combined.
- Keep stored in fridge for up to 3-4 days. Serve with healthy crackers, wraps, lettuce wraps, gluten free bread, etc. ENJOY!
Nutritional Info (Macros)
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for one serving of the Creamy Salmon Salad.
Looking for More Healthy Lunch Ideas?
If you’re on the search for more healthy lunch recipes, I’ve listed a few of my favorites below!
- Turkey Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad (grain free and paleo)
- Autumn Harvest Nourishing Buddha Bowl (vegan and plant-based)
- Loaded Burger Bowl Salad In A Jar (grain free & low carb!)
- Meal Replacement Superfood Smoothie (for boosting weight loss)
- Pecan Butternut Squash Chicken and Wild Rice Dish (gluten free)
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Monbento, and I did receive compensation for this post. All of the opinions are my own. Thank you for your support! It is because of you that I’m able to maintain this blog and continue posting new recipes and content for y’all.