Avocado Egg Salad is one of my favorite go-to healthy lunch recipes anytime I need to whip up something super quickly! It’s a twist on the traditional egg salad recipe and substitutes the mayonnaise with avocado as the creamy base.
And, with the addition of the avocado, it really takes the nutrition level up a notch! The healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals in the avocado will keep you full and nourished while the protein from the eggs will satisfy your hunger for hours.
Personally, I like to boil some eggs at the beginning of the week to have on hand and when I’m ready for lunch, I’ll just quickly mash up an avocado along with some chopped vegetables and the diced egg and it’s ready in less than 10 minutes!
If you prefer prepping your meals in advance, this avocado egg salad recipe will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days as long as you add plenty of lemon juice. The acids in the lemon juice will slow down the browning process. Just make sure you give it a good stir before serving.
Watch Me Make This Avocado Egg Salad Below
A few tips when making this avocado egg salad recipe:
- Make sure the avocados are ripe. Otherwise, you won’t be able to easily mash them with a fork.
- Add plenty of lemon juice to slow down the browning process of the avocados.
- Always stir the salad before serving.
Looking for more healthy lunch recipes?
If you’re on the search for healthy lunch ideas, here are a few of my favorites.
- Healthy Creamy Broccoli Salad Recipe (paleo, grain free, gluten free)
- 4 Healthy Sandwich Recipes for School or Work (gluten free, paleo)
- Keto Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas (low carb, grain free, paleo, gluten free)
- 4 Salad-In-Jar Recipes for On-the-Go Lunch (low carb & paleo options)
- Hearty Beef ‘n Bacon Bean-Free Chili Recipe (low carb, keto, paleo, gluten free)
Did you make this healthy recipe? If so, be sure to leave a comment below and tag me in your food photos on Instagram #feelinfabulouswithkayla @KaylaJChandler
Pingback: Guide to Creating the Ultimate Detox Salad | Feelin' Fabulous with Kayla
You’re missing an ingredient listing. It says – 2 – 4 tablespoons, fresh diced, minced
Pingback: RAW CARROT SALAD | For Estrogen Dominance & Stubborn Belly Fat | Feelin' Fabulous with Kayla
Pingback: 10 Hormone Balancing Foods I Buy Every Week | Grocery Haul | Feelin' Fabulous with Kayla
The missing ingredient is fresh dill.
Pingback: Creamy Salmon Salad | Low Carb, Paleo, and Grain Free | Feelin' Fabulous with Kayla
Pingback: Mango Chicken Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing - Feelin' Fabulous with Kayla