Today, I’m sharing a super easy Raw Carrot Salad that’s great for detoxifying excess estrogen, getting rid of stubborn belly fat, and for balancing and maintaining good gut bacteria. Estrogen Dominance is very common nowadays due to many things, so before we get to the detox salad recipe, lets cover some of the underlying causes of estrogen dominance.
Watch Video Below
Causes of Estrogen Dominance
#1 Chronic Stress – When you’re chronically stressed, your body produces excess amounts of cortisol (the stress hormone) and this uses up your progesterone. And, you need healthy amounts of progesterone to balance estrogen. When you don’t have healthy levels of progesterone, this can lead to estrogen dominance. So, reducing and managing chronic stress can play a big role in balancing estrogen levels.
#2 – Xenoestrogens – These are basically industrial chemicals that mimic the behavior of estrogen in the body and can ultimately affect your delicate hormonal balance. Thousand are products on the market today contain Xenoestrogens, including…
- Beauty Products that contain Parabens
- Personal Care Products that contain Phthalates
- Plastics that contain bisphenol A (BPA)
- Toxic Pesticides that are sprayed on our food supply
- and many more!
#3 – Birth Control – Longterm use of birth control can also lead to the development or to the worsening of estrogen dominance.
Symptoms of Estrogen Dominance
Estrogen dominance can be the underlying cause of many negative health symptoms, including…
- Bad PMS Symptoms
- Menopausal Symptoms
- Hormonal Acne
- Stubborn Belly Fat
- Stubborn Fat in the Hip/Thigh Area
- Brain Fog
- Fibrocystic Breasts
- Mood Swings
- And, much more!
Here’s How Carrots Can Help
So, the purpose of me telling you all of this is to point out that there are certain foods that can help to detox excess estrogen out of the body.
And, one of those foods is – RAW CARROTS
Raw Carrots contain a unique fiber that absorbs excess estrogen and helps to sweep it out of the body. This unique fiber also helps to balance and maintain good gut bacteria, which helps to support overall digestion.
Now, I can’t take credit for this Raw Carrot Detox. This salad and information was made popular by Dr. Ray Peat who says that just 1-2 carrots per day is enough to start flushing excess estrogen out of the body.
How To Make the Raw Carrot Detox Salad
According to Dr. Peat, there are a few simple “rules” to maximize the effects of this raw carrot salad.
- The carrots must be raw (uncooked), whole stalks (no baby carrots), and preferably organic to avoid toxic pesticides.
- Do not peel the carrots because the skin contains extra beneficial vitamins and phytonutrients (but make sure to rinse them!)
- For best results, eat the salad fresh or within the same day of prepping it.
- If you don’t have time to make this salad, you can eat the carrot on its own and still reap the detoxifying benefits.
If you’re looking for more healthy recipes…
If you’re on the search for more weight loss recipes, here’s a few of my favorites.
- 3 Hormone Balancing Smoothies (using adaptogenic herbs)
- 5-Day FAT LOSS Meal Prep Menu (to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss & Reduce Inflammation)
- The BEST Avocado Egg Salad Recipe (no mayonnaise!)
- Chocolate Almond Butter Cups (healthy, low sugar dessert recipe)
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Casserole (high protein & low carb)