If you’re looking for a sweet treat that’s low carb and sugar free, then you’ve come to the right place!
Let me begin by saying… I used to be obsessed with Almond Joy Chocolate Bars!
Well, to be fair, I was obsessed with anything coconut… Lol (and still am)!
If you feel the same way, then you need to try these.
The inside of these fat bombs are soft, creamy, and sweet just like a regular Almond Joy.
In fact, when my boyfriend took his first bite, he couldn’t believe how good they were! You know when a healthy recipe passes the boyfriend/husband test, it’s a keeper 😉
By the way, these fat bombs are…
- Gluten Free
- Keto Friendly
- Paleo Friendly
- Vegan Friendly (if you use dark chocolate)
Low Carb Almond Joy Fat Bombs
For the Fat Bombs:
- 1 C. Coconut Cream (the cream that sits on top of a can of full fat coconut milk)
- 2 3/4 C. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 3-5 Tbsp Low Carb Sweetener of choice (I like birch xylitol, monk fruit, or stevia)
- 1/4 C. Almond, chopped
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 1.5 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1.5 C. Sugar Free or Low Sugar Chocolate Baking Chips
- Low Carb Sweetener, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add all fat bomb ingredients. Mix until fully combined.
- Separate into 12 roughly equal parts. Roll each part into a ball, place onto a baking sheet or plate. Freeze balls for 2 hours to harden.
- Once balls have hardened, you can make the chocolate coating. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add in the coconut oil. Once it melts down, add the chocolate chips and continue heating through until chocolate is fully melted. Then, add the sweetener, to taste. Transfer chocolate to a small dipping bowl.
- Remove fat bombs from the freezer and coat each ball with the chocolate coating. Feel free to sprinkle on some chopped almonds or shredded coconut.
- Storage: I like to keep a few stored in the fridge if I plan on eating them within a day or two. For the rest, I'll keep them stored in the freezer and then defrost them in the fridge a day before I plan on eating them.