Today, I’m going to show you how to make a healthier version of eggnog.
This healthy eggnog is the second recipe in a mini series where I’m sharing three Christmas recipes you can serve over the holidays.
The first recipe in this series was my Paleo Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole, and believe me when I say… It’s a MUST try 🙂
If you’re a fan of eggnog, but you’re trying to stick to a healthy, clean diet, then you’re going to love today’s recipe.
First of all, it’s thick, rich, creamy, and all of the good-ness you’d expect from a delicious glass of eggnog. However, there’s no ounce of junk in it… which means you don’t have to feel an ounce of guilt about drinking it!
In fact, I’m about to make myself a glass of it right now while watching some old Christmas classics. 😉
But, before I go, I want to mention that I highly recommend using Organic, Pasture-Raised eggs in this recipe since you will be consuming the eggs raw. I hope you ENJOY!
Check out the video below to watch how I make it…
Eggnog Recipe (dairy free)
- 1 15 oz Can of Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Dash of Allspice
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/3 C. Pure Maple Syrup
- Into a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice. Whisk to combine. Allow it to come to a light boil while continuously whisking. Then, turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the egg yolks and maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the saucepan with the milk mixture while continuously whisking. Then, transfer the eggnog mixture to a large glass jar with a lid (i.e. mason jar) and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2-3 hours. It'll thicken even more as it chills.
- When ready to serve, pour into a glass and top with dairy free whipped cream. Enjoy!