This may be the easiest healthy cookie recipe you’ve ever tried. Only two ingredients are required – ripe bananas and shredded coconut. Not only are these cookies easy to make, but they’ll also stay fresh for up to a week, which makes them great for your weekly meal prep. Having healthy snack recipes around the house is so important when trying to stick to your clean eating diet.
Additionally, I’ve found that kids love these healthy cookies as well. So, they serve as great snacks to put in your kid’s lunch boxes too!
And, feel free to get creative with this healthy cookie recipe. Sometimes I’ll add in chopped nuts, vanilla extract, sea salt, or chocolate chips to change it up.
This recipe is very flexible. It’s also vegan, paleo, gluten free, and grain free.
Tip: Be sure to use ripe bananas with spots for best results. You’ll also want to make sure you use unsweetened shredded coconut to avoid any added sugars.
2-Ingredient Banana Coconut Cookies | Healthy Snack RecipesCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
These healthy cookies are vegan, paleo, gluten free, grain free, and dairy free.
2 Ripe Bananas (with spots)
1 1/3 C. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon liner.
- Add bananas to a bowl and mash with a fork until smooth (no lumps). One of my tricks to getting things extra creamy and smooth is to use a handheld immersion blender (see recipe video).
- Once banana is mashed and smooth, add the shredded coconut. Mix with a fork then use your hands to make sure the coconut is fully incorporated into the banana. **Add a pinch of sea salt (optional).
- Separate mixture into 8 equal parts. Roll the mixture into a tight ball then flatten into a cookie shape (about 1/2 inch thick) and place onto the baking sheet. Repeat this process until you’ve formed 8 cookies.
- Bake cookies for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden. **It took mine exactly 22 minutes. Once done, transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let cool completely before serving. ENJOY!!
- Store cookies in a ziplock bag or air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.