This easy buffalo cheese dip recipe is the perfect healthy, low carb snack or party dip. It only contains three ingredients and can be whipped up in just a few minutes. Because we use whipped cottage cheese as the base to this recipe, it’s also low in calories and carbs and high in protein.
Why This Buffalo Dip Recipe Is The Best
Because this buffalo dip recipe is so easy to whip up, it’s perfect for both parties or as a healthy, low carb snack option for the week. You can meal prep it at the beginning of the week for a quick grab-and-go snack option.
It can be served hot or cold. And, it pairs well with fresh vegetables, crackers, chips, etc. Instead of using cream cheese as the base, I use whipped cottage cheese instead to keep it low in calories and carbs and high in protein. And, you can even add shredded chicken to it to sneak in even more protein.
Buffalo Cheese Dip Ingredients
- Whipped Cottage Cheese – Using whipped cottage cheese as the base of this buffalo dip instead of cream cheese keeps this dip lower in calories, carbs, and higher in protein.
- Buffalo Sauce – Any buffalo sauce will work, but my favorite is the Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce because it has clean ingredients and it’s delicious!
- Avocado Mayonnaise – This ensures that the dip is super creamy. You can use homemade avocado mayo or your favorite brand.
- Hot Sauce (optional) – For most, the buffalo sauce alone is enough spice. But, if you love extra spicy dips, you’ll definitely want to add a bit of hot sauce.
- Shredded Chicken (optional) – To up the protein even more, feel free to add shredded chicken.
How To Make This Easy Buffalo Dip Recipe
- Step 1: Whip the cottage cheese in a food processor.
- Step 2: Add the remaining buffalo dip ingredients to a food processor and continue to blend.
- Step 3: Enjoy cold or hot with vegetables, crackers, chips, etc.
Easy Buffalo Dip FAQs
- How long does it last? This dip will last in the refrigerator up to one week.
- Is it better served hot or cold? Honestly, it’s delicious both ways! When serving it with vegetables, I like to eat it cold or at room temperature. When serving it at a party with crackers or chips, I like to pop it in the oven for about 10 minutes and serve it warm.
- What should I serve it with? It’s delicious with celery, carrots, bell peppers, crackers, and chips.
High Protein Snack Recipes
If you’re on the search for more high protein snack recipes like this buffalo dip recipe, here’s a few of my favorites.
- 6 High Protein Snacks Using Whipped Cottage Cheese – must try the strawberry cheesecake parfait!
- Protein-Packed Flourless Brownies – extra fluffy & grain free
- Paleo Banana Bread Protein Bars – extra tasty and healthy
- 2-Minute Snack Ideas – with high protein snack options!
Easy Buffalo Dip Recipe (low carb)
- In a food processor, add the cottage cheese and blend until it's extra smooth and has a whipped-like texture.
- Add the buffalo sauce, mayonnaise, and hot sauce (optional) to the food processor and continue to blend until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer dip to a bowl. If you're going to add the optional shredded chicken, you can stir it in at this point.
- For serving cold: Garnish with chopped green onion, add your sides, and enjoy!
- For serving warm: Transfer buffalo dip to an oven safe bowl or dish. Bake at 350 F. for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Top with chopped green onion, add your sides, and enjoy!