I finally have a brand new Healthy Meal Prep Menu for y’all, and let me just say – the recipes are delicious!! As always, this meal prep menu is for a full 5-day work week and includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
All of the healthy recipes are gluten free, grain free, soy free, and dairy free. With summer right around the corner, I decided to design this healthy meal prep menu specifically for boosting weight loss. So, if you’re interested in the calorie content and full macros, continue reading below.
As you know (if you’ve ever done any of my 5-day meal preps), my healthy meal preps are designed to help you jumpstart your health and weight loss journey in the healthiest way possible using wholesome, homemade meals that are full of nutritious foods and are easy to whip up and are full of flavor!
Planning and prepping your meals in advance is such a game changer and can make such a big difference in how fast you reach your health goals, especially if you have a busy weekly schedule. I intentionally use recipes on my weekly meal preps that will stay fresh in a cold fridge for up to 5 days and can also be frozen for batch prepping. Meal prepping can also help to save money at the grocery store so you only buy the foods you need, which is why I always create a free downloadable grocery shopping list with each of my 5-day meal preps to make your life easier.
Healthy Meal Prep Menu At-A-Glance
- Breakfast: Sweet Potato Turkey Bacon Egg Muffins & Coconut Yogurt with Berries
- Lunch: Creamy Summer Broccoli Salad & Turkey Burger Bites
- Snack: Chocolate Fro-Yo Bark
- Dinner: Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole, Steamed Broccoli, & Avocado
Calories At-A-Glance for This Healthy Meal Prep Menu
This meal prep menu ranges from 1,431-1,635 calories per day depending on whether or not you include the chocolate fro-yo bark as a snack. Keep in mind, the average woman needs around 2,000 calories per day to maintain her weight and 1,500-1,600 calories per day to lose weight. This will vary depending on your fitness level and how often you exercise.
Therefore, my meal preps are based on averages and aim to stay within this range. If you find that you’re not losing weight after reducing calorie intake, you may want to get your doctor to check your hormones and vitamin/mineral levels as these may be hindering your weight loss results.
Disclaimer: This is a weight loss meal prep for women who are moderately active (not athletes). Most women will see weight loss results with a daily caloric intake between 1,400-1,600 calories but results are not guaranteed. If you aren’t losing weight on my weight loss meal preps, consult with your doctor to discuss further options. Hormonal imbalances can play a major role in those who have difficulty losing weight even after cutting calories. Men can also use my weight loss meal preps; however, you may need to double some of the recipes to increase your caloric intake to around 1,800-2,000 calories per day assuming you’re only moderately active.
Free Downloadable Grocery Shopping List for this Healthy Meal Prep Menu (PDF)
Watch Me Prep This 5-Day Menu Below (full video w/ extra tips)
Kitchen Essential for this Healthy Meal Prep Menu
Kitchen Items for This Meal Prep:
- Glass Meal Prep Containers (without dividers)
- Glass Meal Prep Containers (with dividers)
- Muffin Pan
- 9×13 Glass Baking Dish or Ceramic Baking Dish
- Reusable Ziplock Bags (BPA Free)
- Silicon Lids for Storage Containers
- Optional: Food Processor with Grater Attachment
- Optional: All-In-One Ninja Foodi (with pressure cooking option)
Food Items for This Meal Prep:
- Avocado Oil Non-Stick Spray (use code KAYLA10 for 10% Off)
- Avocado Oil (use code KAYLA10 for 10% Off)
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayonnaise (use code KAYLA10 for 10% Off)
- Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce (use code KAYLA10 for 10% Off)
- Coconut Aminos (soy free alternative)
- Coconut Flour
- Granulated Monk Fruit Sweetener or Birch Xylitol
- Coconut Aminos (soy sauce alternative)
- Celtic Sea Salt
- Cacao Powder
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
Sweet Potato Turkey Bacon Egg Muffins & Yogurt
These sweet potato turkey bacon egg muffins are a delicious twist on traditional egg muffins. And, they’re an easy way to sneak in extra vegetables and nutritious foods first thing in the morning! These egg muffins are dairy free, but feel free to add shredded cheese if you’d like.
On the side, I’m adding in some plain coconut yogurt (no sugar added) and then topping it with fresh berries and chopped walnuts. Feel free to substitute the coconut yogurt with plain greek yogurt.
Nutritional Info (Macros) for Breakfast
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for 1 entire serving of breakfast, including the side of yogurt with toppings.
Below I’ve calculated the macros for 1 serving of the egg muffins only. 1 serving = 3 muffins
Creamy Summer Broccoli Salad & Turkey Burger Bites
For lunch, I’m pairing my creamy summer broccoli salad with turkey burger bites for a well-rounded meal that contains healthy fats, carbs, proteins, and fiber. This summer broccoli salad is a twist on my traditional broccoli salad and I’ve adjusted the dressing to be more weight loss friendly (lower in calories). This salad is extra creamy and gets better the longer it marinates in the fridge! And, the turkey burger bites ensure you get enough protein to keep you full and energized throughout the day.
Broccoli Substitute: If you’re not a fan of broccoli, feel free to substitute it with zucchini, extra cucumber, or even cauliflower. But, keep in mind that after a few hours of marinating in the dressing, it does soften the broccoli a bit making it more easy to chew and digest.
Nutritional Info (Macros) for Lunch
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for 1 entire serving of lunch, including the broccoli salad & turkey burger bites.
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for 1 serving of the broccoli salad only. 1 serving = 1/5 of the entire salad recipe.
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for 1 serving of the turkey burger bites only. 1 serving = 3 mini burger bites.
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole, Steamed Broccoli, & Avocado
This buffalo chicken spaghetti squash casserole is hands-down one of the best grain free, dairy free dinner recipes I’ve ever shared. Darrell (my fiance) said it’s his favorite recipe thus far. It’s not too spicy either! And, the portion sizes are extra large while still keeping it lower in calories. I highly recommend trying this heathy dinner. It’s grain free and dairy free!
Low Carb Option: If you’re sticking to a low carb diet, try substituting the spaghetti squash with cauliflower rice.
Nutritional Info (Macros) for Dinner
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for 1 entire serving of dinner, including the sides (steamed broccoli & avocado).
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for 1 serving of the buffalo chicken casserole only. 1 serving = 2 squares.
Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Bark
I’ve shared my frozen yogurt (fro-yo) bark with y’all before in another healthy meal prep post, and this is the chocolate version of that recipe. So, for all of my chocolate lovers out there, this snack is a must-try! It’ll definitely satisfy all of your sweet and chocolate cravings.
Yogurt Option: You can either use plain coconut yogurt or plain greek yogurt. For a dairy free option, choose the coconut yogurt. To increase your protein intake, use the greek yogurt.
Nutritional Info (Macros) for Snack:
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for 1 serving of the fro-yo bark. 1 serving = 2 squares
Full 5-Day Menu & Recipes Below (printable)
Easy Weight Loss Meal Prep for Full Work Week (5 Days!) | Healthy Grain Free, Dairy Free RecipesCourse: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, Dessert, SidesDifficulty: Easy
Healthy weight loss meal prep for a full 5-day work week. All recipes are gluten free, grain free, and dairy free. Print recipes below.
- BREAKFAST: SWEET POTATO TURKEY BACON EGG MUFFINS & YOGURT
6 slices of uncured turkey bacon
1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
1 C. Bell Pepper, de-seeded & chopped (any color)
1 C. Sweet Potato, peeled & shredded
2 C. Spinach, loosely packed & roughly chopped
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Optional: 1/2 C. Unsweetened Almond Milk (or any type of milk)
Sides: 2.5 C. Plain Coconut or Greek Yogurt, 2.5 C. Fresh Berries, 5 Tbsp Chopped Walnuts
- LUNCH: CREAMY SUMMER BROCCOLI SALAD & TURKEY BURGER BITES
- For the Summer Broccoli Salad:
5 C. Broccoli Florets
1 C. Purple Grapes, sliced in halves or fourths
1 C. Cucumber, sliced in halves or fourths
1/4 C. Red Onion, chopped
1/4 C. Walnuts, chopped & toasted
1/4 C. Black Olives
2 Turkey Bacon Slices, cooked & cut into small pieces
1/2 C. Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayonnaise (KAYLA10 for 10% Off)
1/2 C. Plain Coconut or Greek Yogurt
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Granulated Sweetener (I like to use Monk Fruit or Birch Xylitol)
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- For the Turkey Burger Bites:
1 lb Ground Turkey (or ground chicken)
1/2 C. Yellow Onion, chopped
1/2 C. Celery, chopped
1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, finely diced
2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- DINNER: BUFFALO CHICKEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
4 C. Spaghetti Squash Strands (1 large squash or 2 small/medium)
1 lb Chicken Breasts
1 C. Chicken Broth
1/2 C. Yellow Onion, chopped
1/2 C. Bell Pepper, de-seeded & chopped (any color)
1/2 C. Celery, chopped
1.5 tsp Avocado Oil
1/2 C. Buffalo Sauce (I use Primal Kitchen… KAYLA10 for 10% Off)
1/4 C. Plain Coconut or Greek Yogurt
1/2 tsp EACH of Garlic Powder & Onion Powder
1/4 tsp EACH of Sea Salt & Pepper
Sides: 5 C. Broccoli (steamed) & 2.5 Avocados
- SNACK: CHOCOLATE FRO-YO BARK
2 3/4 C. Plain Coconut or Greek Yogurt
4 Tbsp Cacao or Cocoa Powder
1/4 C. Monk Fruit, Birch Xylitol, or any Granulated Sweetener
1/2 C. Fresh Raspberries, halved
1/2 C. Fresh Strawberries, sliced
1/4 C. Pistachios, roughly chopped
1/4 C. Walnuts, roughly chopped
2 Tbsp Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- BREAKFAST: Sweet Potato Turkey Bacon Egg Muffins & Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a muffin pan and set it aside (you’ll need 15 slots.. I used two muffin pans)
- In a skillet over medium heat, spray the skillet with non-stick oil and cook the turkey bacon on each side until it’s fully cooked through and browned. Transfer to a paper towel to drain the excess grease. Once they’ve cooled off, cut them into small pieces.
- After the bacon is done, in the same skillet, add the oil and bell pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Then, add the shredded sweet potato, add a lid, and continue cooking until they’re slightly soft. Next, add the chopped spinach and continue to saute 2-3 more minutes or until the spinach as fully wilted. Season this mixture (to taste) with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Add the bacon pieces into the skillet with the bell pepper mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer the bell pepper mixture to the bottoms of the muffin pan (about 1/2 way full) in each slot.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, 1 tsp sea salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Whisk to combine. Optional: add 1/2 C. of almond milk to thin out the consistency. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin pan over the bell pepper mixture to about 3/4’s of the way full.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes before removing.
- To assemble your meal prep containers: Add 3 muffins to each container along with 1/2 C. of plain coconut or greek yogurt, 1/2 C. fresh berries, and 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts in each container. Store in a cold refrigerator. NOTE: These muffins can be frozen for up to 1 month.
- LUNCH: Creamy Summer Broccoli Salad & Turkey Burger Bites
- For the Summer Broccoli Salad:
- In a large mixing bowl, add the broccoli, grapes, cucumber, red onion, walnuts, olives, and bacon pieces. Mix until fully combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, granulated sweetener, and sea salt. Whisk until fully combined.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the broccoli salad mixture. Mix until everything is fully coated with the dressing. Cover bowl and place in fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour while prepping the other meals.
- For the Turkey Burger Bites:
- Add all turkey burger ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Separate mixture into roughly 5 equal parts. Form mixture into patties. With each section, you can make 1 large patty or 3 mini patties. TIP: wet your hands with water when handling leaner meats like ground turkey or ground chicken to keep it from sticking to your hands.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the patties on each side until they’re fully cooked through and slightly browned. TIP: Add a splash of water and cover the skillet with a lid to keep the patties from drying out.
- To assemble your meal prep containers: I like to use my containers with dividers for this one. Add 1 portion of the broccoli salad to one side of the container and 3 mini patties to the other side. Store in a cold fridge for up to 5 days. NOTE: The turkey burger bites can be frozen for up to 1 month.
- DINNER: Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For the spaghetti squash, cut it in half length-wise. Scoop out the seeds & stringy flesh in the center. Spray with avocado oil, lightly season with sea salt, and pepper. Place the squash cut-side down onto the lined baking sheet. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until you can easily pierce the flesh with a fork. Once done, let it cool down a bit. Then, using a fork, scrape out the spaghetti-like strands. You’ll need 4 C. worth.
- For the chicken, I used my pressure cooker but you can also bake them. For the pressure cooker: add the chicken broth to the pot along with the chicken breasts (lightly season them with sea salt & pepper). Place the valve to the sealed position and pressure cook on high for 14 minutes. Once done, do a quick release. For baking: add the chicken breasts & broth to a baking dish and bake at 400 F. for 20-25 minutes or until done. Once chicken is done, shred it with a fork.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the chopped onion, bell pepper, and celery along with a splash of water. Cover skillet with a lid and cook until they’re slightly soft & water has evaporated. Remove from skillet & set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the egg, oil, buffalo sauce, yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and pepper. Whisk until fully combined. Then, into the same bowl, add the spaghetti squash strands, shredded chicken, and sauteed vegetables. Continue mixing until everything is fully coated with the buffalo sauce mixture.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Pour the mixture into the dish and spread it out as evenly as possible. Bake at 400 F. for about 30-35 minutes. Then, broil it for 5-10 minutes to give the top a golden color. Once done, remove from oven and add fresh chives & drizzle yogurt or sour cream over top (optional). Cut into 10 roughly equal squares.
- To assemble your meal prep containers: Add 2 casserole squares into each meal prep container along with 1 serving of the steamed broccoli (sprinkle with sea salt & pepper, to taste) & 1/2 an avocado into each container. TIP: Do not add the avocado until the morning of or when ready to serve to avoid it turning brown.
- SNACK: Chocolate Fro-Yo Bark
- In a mixing bowl, add the yogurt, cacao powder, and sweetener. Mix until fully combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the yogurt mixture evenly onto the baking sheet to about 1/2 inch thick (allow some of the parchment paper to hang off the sides to it’s easy to remove after frozen).
- Top the yogurt mixture with the raspberries, strawberries, pistachios, walnuts, and shredded coconut. Lightly press the toppings into the yogurt with a spatula.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm. Once frozen, remove the parchment paper. Allow the bark to sit for about 5-10 minutes. Then, cut it into 10 roughly equal squares. Store the squares in a glass container or reusable ziplock bags in the freezer until ready to serve.
Looking for More 5-Day Healthy Meal Prep Menus?
I have lots of free 5-Day Healthy Meal Prep menus on my blog. Below, I’ve listed some of my favorites. All of them are weight loss friendly & gluten free.
- 5-Day Fat Loss Meal Prep (Flourless Brownies, Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad, Turkey Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, Coconut Flour Pancakes)
- 5-Day Weight Loss Meal Prep (Teriyaki Ground Turkey Bowl, Creamy Tuscan Chicken, Hormone-Supporting Chia Pudding)
- 5-Day Anti-Inflammatory Meal Prep (Creamy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup, Lemon Ginger Energy Balls, Grain Free Fish Taco Bowl)
- 5-Day Weight Loss Meal Prep (Maple Berry Turkey Sausage, Sweet Potato Waffles, Chicken Pasta Salad)
- 5-Day Fat Loss Meal Prep (Breakfast Frittata, Chicken Meatballs with Gluten Free Gravy, Creamy Broccoli Salad)