I finally have a brand new Healthy Meal Prep Menu for y’all, and let me just say – the recipes are delicious!! As always, this meal prep menu is for a full 5-day work week and includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
All of the healthy recipes are gluten free, grain free, soy free, and dairy free. With summer right around the corner, I decided to design this healthy meal prep menu specifically for boosting weight loss. So, if you’re interested in the calorie content and full macros, continue reading below.
As you know (if you’ve ever done any of my 5-day meal preps), my healthy meal preps are designed to help you jumpstart your health and weight loss journey in the healthiest way possible using wholesome, homemade meals that are full of nutritious foods and are easy to whip up and are full of flavor!
Planning and prepping your meals in advance is such a game changer and can make such a big difference in how fast you reach your health goals, especially if you have a busy weekly schedule. I intentionally use recipes on my weekly meal preps that will stay fresh in a cold fridge for up to 5 days and can also be frozen for batch prepping. Meal prepping can also help to save money at the grocery store so you only buy the foods you need, which is why I always create a free downloadable grocery shopping list with each of my 5-day meal preps to make your life easier.
Healthy Meal Prep Menu At-A-Glance
- Breakfast: Sweet Potato Turkey Bacon Egg Muffins & Coconut Yogurt with Berries
- Lunch: Creamy Summer Broccoli Salad & Turkey Burger Bites
- Snack: Chocolate Fro-Yo Bark
- Dinner: Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole, Steamed Broccoli, & Avocado
Calories At-A-Glance for This Healthy Meal Prep Menu
This meal prep menu ranges from 1,431-1,635 calories per day depending on whether or not you include the chocolate fro-yo bark as a snack. Keep in mind, the average woman needs around 2,000 calories per day to maintain her weight and 1,500-1,600 calories per day to lose weight. This will vary depending on your fitness level and how often you exercise.
Therefore, my meal preps are based on averages and aim to stay within this range. If you find that you’re not losing weight after reducing calorie intake, you may want to get your doctor to check your hormones and vitamin/mineral levels as these may be hindering your weight loss results.
Disclaimer: This is a weight loss meal prep for women who are moderately active (not athletes). Most women will see weight loss results with a daily caloric intake between 1,400-1,600 calories but results are not guaranteed. If you aren’t losing weight on my weight loss meal preps, consult with your doctor to discuss further options. Hormonal imbalances can play a major role in those who have difficulty losing weight even after cutting calories. Men can also use my weight loss meal preps; however, you may need to double some of the recipes to increase your caloric intake to around 1,800-2,000 calories per day assuming you’re only moderately active.
Free Downloadable Grocery Shopping List for this Healthy Meal Prep Menu (PDF)
Watch Me Prep This 5-Day Menu Below (full video w/ extra tips)
Kitchen Essential for this Healthy Meal Prep Menu
Kitchen Items for This Meal Prep:
- Glass Meal Prep Containers (without dividers)
- Glass Meal Prep Containers (with dividers)
- Muffin Pan
- 9×13 Glass Baking Dish or Ceramic Baking Dish
- Reusable Ziplock Bags (BPA Free)
- Silicon Lids for Storage Containers
- Optional: Food Processor with Grater Attachment
- Optional: All-In-One Ninja Foodi (with pressure cooking option)
Food Items for This Meal Prep:
- Avocado Oil Non-Stick Spray (use code KAYLA10 for 10% Off)
- Avocado Oil (use code KAYLA10 for 10% Off)
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayonnaise (use code KAYLA10 for 10% Off)
- Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce (use code KAYLA10 for 10% Off)
- Coconut Aminos (soy free alternative)
- Coconut Flour
- Granulated Monk Fruit Sweetener or Birch Xylitol
- Coconut Aminos (soy sauce alternative)
- Celtic Sea Salt
- Cacao Powder
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
Sweet Potato Turkey Bacon Egg Muffins & Yogurt
These sweet potato turkey bacon egg muffins are a delicious twist on traditional egg muffins. And, they’re an easy way to sneak in extra vegetables and nutritious foods first thing in the morning! These egg muffins are dairy free, but feel free to add shredded cheese if you’d like.
On the side, I’m adding in some plain coconut yogurt (no sugar added) and then topping it with fresh berries and chopped walnuts. Feel free to substitute the coconut yogurt with plain greek yogurt.
Creamy Summer Broccoli Salad & Turkey Burger Bites
For lunch, I’m pairing my creamy summer broccoli salad with turkey burger bites for a well-rounded meal that contains healthy fats, carbs, proteins, and fiber. This summer broccoli salad is a twist on my traditional broccoli salad and I’ve adjusted the dressing to be more weight loss friendly (lower in calories). This salad is extra creamy and gets better the longer it marinates in the fridge! And, the turkey burger bites ensure you get enough protein to keep you full and energized throughout the day.
Broccoli Substitute: If you’re not a fan of broccoli, feel free to substitute it with zucchini, extra cucumber, or even cauliflower. But, keep in mind that after a few hours of marinating in the dressing, it does soften the broccoli a bit making it more easy to chew and digest.
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole, Steamed Broccoli, & Avocado
This buffalo chicken spaghetti squash casserole is hands-down one of the best grain free, dairy free dinner recipes I’ve ever shared. Darrell (my fiance) said it’s his favorite recipe thus far. It’s not too spicy either! And, the portion sizes are extra large while still keeping it lower in calories. I highly recommend trying this heathy dinner. It’s grain free and dairy free!
Low Carb Option: If you’re sticking to a low carb diet, try substituting the spaghetti squash with cauliflower rice.
Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Bark
I’ve shared my frozen yogurt (fro-yo) bark with y’all before in another healthy meal prep post, and this is the chocolate version of that recipe. So, for all of my chocolate lovers out there, this snack is a must-try! It’ll definitely satisfy all of your sweet and chocolate cravings.
Yogurt Option: You can either use plain coconut yogurt or plain greek yogurt. For a dairy free option, choose the coconut yogurt. To increase your protein intake, use the greek yogurt.
Full 5-Day Menu & Recipes Below (printable)
Looking for More 5-Day Healthy Meal Prep Menus?
I have lots of free 5-Day Healthy Meal Prep menus on my blog. Below, I’ve listed some of my favorites. All of them are weight loss friendly & gluten free.
- 5-Day Fat Loss Meal Prep (Flourless Brownies, Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad, Turkey Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, Coconut Flour Pancakes)
- 5-Day Weight Loss Meal Prep (Teriyaki Ground Turkey Bowl, Creamy Tuscan Chicken, Hormone-Supporting Chia Pudding)
- 5-Day Anti-Inflammatory Meal Prep (Creamy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup, Lemon Ginger Energy Balls, Grain Free Fish Taco Bowl)
- 5-Day Weight Loss Meal Prep (Maple Berry Turkey Sausage, Sweet Potato Waffles, Chicken Pasta Salad)
- 5-Day Fat Loss Meal Prep (Breakfast Frittata, Chicken Meatballs with Gluten Free Gravy, Creamy Broccoli Salad)