It’s time for another Weight Loss Meal Prep for a full 5-day work week! I know how much y’all love these meal preps, so I’m excited to bring you a new menu. This week’s menu, as always, is super simple. All of the recipes are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and grain free (with one simple substitute).
As you know, my healthy meal preps are intended to help you jumpstart your health and weight loss journey with wholesome, homemade meals that are easy to whip up and full of flavor. That’s right – my meals are never boring or bland.
Planning and prepping your meals in advance can make all the difference with how fast you reach your weight loss goals and not only will it help you stay on track with your healthy eating, but it’ll also save you money at the grocery store.
**TIP: If you like more variety throughout the week, feel free to mix and match any of the recipes from my previous healthy meal preps.
Meal Prep Menu At-A-Glance
- Breakfast: Maple Berry Turkey Sausage, Cinnamon Apple Sweet Potato Waffles, and Fresh Berries
- Lunch: Chicken Pasta Salad with Lemon Herb Dressing (gluten free)
- Dinner: Skillet Shrimp Fajitas with Almond Flour Wraps
- Snack: Chocolate Protein Shake
Calories At-A-Glance for this Weight Loss Meal Prep
This meal prep menu ranges from 1,377-1,635 calories per day depending on whether or not you include the chocolate protein shake as a snack. Keep in mind, the average woman needs around 2,000 calories per day to maintain her weight and 1,500-1,600 calories per day to lose weight. This will vary depending on your fitness level and how often you exercise.
Therefore, my meal preps are based on averages and aim to stay within this range. If you find that you’re not losing weight after reducing calorie intake, you may want to get your doctor to check your hormones and vitamin/mineral levels as these may be hindering your weight loss results.
Disclaimer: This is a weight loss meal prep for women who are moderately active (not athletes). Most women will see weight loss results with a daily caloric intake between 1,400-1,600 calories but results are not guaranteed. If you aren’t losing weight on my weight loss meal preps, consult with your doctor to discuss further options. Hormonal imbalances can play a major role in those who have difficulty losing weight even after cutting calories. Men can also use my weight loss meal preps; however, you may need to double some of the recipes to increase your caloric intake to around 1,800-2,000 calories per day assuming you’re only moderately active.
Get the Grocery Shopping List for this Weight Loss Meal Prep Below
(Free PDF Download)
Watch Weight Loss Meal Prep Video Below
Kitchen Essentials for this Meal Prep
Kitchen Items for This Meal Prep:
- Glass Meal Prep Containers (without dividers)
- Glass Meal Prep Containers (with dividers)
- Stainless Steel Sauce Cups (for dressings, syrups, sauces, etc.)
- Waffle Iron
- High Speed Blender
- Optional: Food Processor with Grater Attachment
- Optional: Ninja All-in-One Foodi (not necessary but can be used to quickly pressure cook potatoes, steam vegetables, etc.)
Food Items for This Meal Prep:
- Avocado Oil Non-Stick Spray (use code KAYLA10 for 10% Off)
- Avocado Oil (for cooking)
- Coconut Flour
- Gluten Free Chickpea Pasta Noodles Or Cassava Flour Noodles
- Tapioca Flour
- Celtic Sea Salt
- Cacao Powder
- Collagen Peptides Protein Powder
Maple Berry Turkey Sausage & Cinnamon Apple Sweet Potato Waffles
For breakfast this week, we’re having my protein-filled maple berry turkey sausage patties along with cinnamon apple sweet potato waffles and fresh berries. This breakfast is extra filling and full of flavor. It has the perfect blend of healthy fats, carbs, and protein to keep you energized all morning. And, don’t worry if you don’t have a waffle iron. I’ve provided a substitution on the recipe card below.
Low Carb Option – If you’re trying to cut carbs, feel free to substitute the waffle with scrambled or fried eggs.
Maple Berry Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties
Servings: 10 patties | Prep Time: 5-10 min | Cook Time: 10 min
1 lb 93% Lean Ground Turkey (can substitute with ground chicken)
1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
1 tsp EACH of Garlic Powder and Sea Salt
1/2 tsp EACH of Paprika, Dried Sage, Dried Thyme, Onion Powder, Black Pepper, and Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 tsp All Spice (optional)
1/2 C. Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
1 Tbsp Avocado or Coconut Oil (for cooking)
- In a mixing bowl, add the ground turkey, maple syrup, and all spices/seasonings. Mix until fully combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries until fully incorporated. Separate mixture into roughly 10 equal parts. Form into patties about 1/2 an inch thick.
- Add oil to a skillet over medium heat. Cook patties on each side until fully cooked through. Drain grease on a paper towel.
- STORAGE: These sausage patties always last in my fridge for up to 5 days because I keep my fridge really cold. But, you can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
Nutritional Info for Turkey Sausage
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for Maple Berry Turkey Sausage. One serving = 2 Patties
Cinnamon Apple Sweet Potato Waffles
Servings: 5 waffles | Prep Time: 10-15 min | Cook Time: 20 min
3 C. Sweet Potato, peeled & grated (about 2 medium size potatoes)
1 Small Apple, grated
1/4 C. Coconut Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Add the grater tool to a food processor. Place the lid on the food processor and run the sweet potato through the chute of the processor to grate the potato. Do the same with the apple. If you don’t have a food processor, you can also grate the potato and apple with a hand grater.
- Transfer the grated sweet potato and apple to a mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients. Mix until fully combined. Separate into roughly 5 equal parts.
- Heat waffle iron to level 4 (or just under the highest heat). Spray generously with non-stick spray. Spread one serving of the waffle mixture onto the waffle iron and cook for 3-5 minutes or until it’s done and not sticking to the waffle iron. **If you don’t have a waffle iron, you can form these into patties and cook in a skillet like hash browns.
- STORAGE: Will store in the fridge for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to one month.
Nutritional Info for Sweet Potato Waffles
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for the sweet potato waffles only. One serving = 1 Waffle
Macros for Entire Breakfast
One full breakfast includes the following:
- 2 Maple Berry Turkey Sausage Patties
- 1 Sweet Potato Waffle
- 2/3 C. Fresh Berries (any type)
- 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for one full breakfast meal.
Gluten Free Chicken Pasta Salad with Lemon Herb Dressing
This Chicken Pasta Salad with Lemon Herb Dressing is filled with healthy protein, fat, fiber, and starchy carbs to keep you full and energized for hours. To keep this pasta gluten free, I like to use Chickpea Pasta or Cassava Flour Pasta. The cassava flour pasta will make this meal 100% paleo friendly and grain free.
Gluten Free Chicken Pasta Salad with Lemon Herb Dressing
Servings: 5 | Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 20 min
- For the Pasta Salad Base:
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1.5 lbs)
8 oz Chickpea Rotini Pasta Noodles (or Cassava Flour Fusilli Noodles)
1/2 Heaping Cup Purple Onion, chopped
1/2 Heaping Cup Bell Pepper, de-seeded & chopped (any color)
1/2 Heaping Cup Cucumber, cut into fourths
1/2 Heaping Cup Cherry Tomatoes, cut into fourths
1/2 Heaping Cup Spinach, finely chopped
10 Kalamata Olives, cut into fourths
- For the Lemon Herb Dressing:
1/4 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
Juice from 1 whole Lemon
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Tbsp EACH fresh Basil, Rosemary, and Dill, finely diced
1 tsp Raw Honey
Pinch of Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- For the Lemon Herb Dressing:
- Add the extra virgin olive oil, dijon mustard, and lemon juice to a small bowl and mix with a fork or small whisk until combined. Add all remaining ingredients and continue mixing until fully combined. Set dressing aside.
- For the Pasta Salad:
- Season chicken breasts with your favorite seasonings (to taste). I use sea salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. Bake chicken breasts at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until fully cooked through. Or, if you have a pressure cooker, add 1 cup of water to the pressure cooker, secure the lid, turn the knob to the seal position, and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Do a quick release once done.
- Boil pasta noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Once chicken is done, shred it with a fork.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all pasta salad ingredients along with the lemon herb dressing. Mix until everything is fully coated with the lemon herb dressing.
- STORAGE: Will store in a very cold refrigerator for up to 4-5 days and in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Nutritional Info for Chicken Pasta Salad
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for 1 serving of the Chicken Pasta Salad with Lemon Herb Dressing.
Skillet Shrimp Fajitas w/ Almond Flour Tortillas
Healthy meal preps are all about finding easy to whip up recipes that are flavorful and good for you. So, I knew at some point, I would have to make a simple shrimp fajita mixture. So simple, yet full of flavor! Of course, feel free to substitute the shrimp for chicken or steak.
If I’m in a hurry, I will eat these fajitas with the Almond Flour Wraps or the Cassava Flour Wraps from Siete Foods.
But, for those who may not have access to the Siete wraps, I also wanted to share a super simple homemade almond flour wrap recipe from TasteAbounds. These aren’t really considered tortillas (more like wraps), but they don’t require a rolling pin (like traditional homemade tortillas) and can be made in minutes without much elbow grease. I’ve made them several times myself and absolutely love how flexible they are.
Skillet Shrimp Fajitas
Servings: 5 | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 15 min
Ingredients FOR SHRIMP FAJITAS
- For the Fajita Mixture:
2 lbs Raw Shrimp, peeled & devined
1 Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
1 Red Bell Pepper, de-seeded & sliced
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, de-seeded & sliced
1 Green Bell Pepper, de-seeded & sliced
2 Tbsp Avocado Oil or Coconut Oil
Fresh Cilantro, to garnish
Optional Toppings: 1/4 of an Avocado (per serving) & “Clean” Hot Sauce
- For the Homemade Fajita Seasoning:
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1.5 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Directions FOR SHRIMP FAJITAS
- In a small bowl, add all of the fajita seasonings and mix until fully combined. Set aside.
- If your shrimp are not already defrosted, quickly defrost them by letting them soak in cool water for about 10 minutes. Then, rinse and drain with cool water. Transfer shrimp to a mixing bowl. Add about 3/4 of the fajita seasoning to the shrimp and the juice from 1 lime. Mix until all of the shrimp are coated with the seasoning. Cover bowl with foil or saran wrap and place in fridge to marinate for a few minutes.
- Slice up the onion and bell peppers.
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and bell peppers to the skillet. Saute until onions are translucent and soft. Add the remaining fajita seasoning and toss to combine. Transfer this mixture to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, add 1 Tbsp of oil along with the shrimp. Cook the shrimp 2-3 minutes on each side and then transfer to a bowl or plate. After cooking all of the shrimp, drain most of liquid in the skillet (leave just enough to coat the bottom of the skillet… about 1 tbsp worth). Place the skillet back on the stovetop and add in the cooked onion/bell pepper mixture and the cooked shrimp. Add the juice from one lime (optional). Toss to combine everything and saute for two more minutes.
- When ready to serve, add one portion of this mixture to each meal prep container (5 servings total). Top each serving with fresh cilantro and 1/4 of an avocado.
- STORAGE: This mixture will store in a really cold fridge for up to 4-5 days and in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Nutritional Info for Fajita Mixture Only
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for the shrimp fajita mixture only.
Easy Almond Flour Wraps
Servings: 10 wraps | Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 15 min
Credit: Recipe from TasteAbounds
Ingredients for almond flour wraps
1 C. Almond Flour, loosely packed
1/2 C. Tapioca Flour, loosely packed
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1-1.5 C. Water
Directions for almond flour wraps
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients (except the water). Whisk until fully combined.
- Slowly pour in the water while whisking. You want the consistency to be quite thin (like crepes). I ended up using about 1 1/4 C. of water. Whisk until everything is fully combined and there are no lumps.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over low-medium heat. Once the pan is hot, pour in 1/8 C. (half of 1/4 Cup) while tilting the pan to form the mixture into a thin circular shape (see video above for a visual). Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the bottom is firm enough to flip and then continue cooking the other side for another 3-4 minutes. Continue flipping cooking 30 seconds on each side until the wrap is slightly rough feeling on the outside (not too rough though). Then, transfer to a paper towel to cool. Continue this process until all of the mixture is gone. This should yield you about 10 mini wraps. Let the wraps cool completely.
- STORAGE: After they’ve cooled completely, I like to stack these wraps and then wrap with saran wrap and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also store them in the freezer for up to one month.
- HEATING: You can eat these at room temperature or pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds. You can also heat them on a warm skillet for a few seconds.
Nutritional Info for Almond Flour Wraps
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for the almond flour wraps only. One serving = 2 Wraps
Nutritional Info for a FULL Dinner Meal Prep
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for a full dinner meal prep.
One full dinner includes:
- 1 Serving of the Shrimp Fajita mixture
- 2 Almond Flour Wraps
- 1/4 of an Avocado
Chocolate Protein Shake
This healthy chocolate protein shake is great if you need an afternoon boost or as a post-workout drink. The cacao powder is naturally energizing and is a great source of magnesium.
Chocolate Protein Shake
Servings: 1 Shake | Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 0 min
Ingredients for chocolate protein shake
1/2 Frozen Banana
1 Small Handful Spinach
1 Tbsp Cacao or Cocoa Powder
1 Scoop of High Quality Protein Powder (I use Collagen Peptides)
1 Tbsp Unsweetened Almond Butter (or any nut butter)
1/2-2/3 C. Unsweetened Almond Milk (or any non-dairy milk)
Directions for chocolate protein shake
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. ENJOY!
- STORAGE: The best way to prep smoothies days in advance without sacrificing on nutrients and flavor is with freezer packs. Here’s a post on how to prepare them.
Nutritional Info for Chocolate Protein Shake
Below, I’ve calculated the macros for one chocolate protein shake.
Looking for more Healthy Weight Loss Meal Preps?
If you’re on the search for more healthy meal preps and weight loss meal preps, here’s some of the 5-Day menus I’ve shared in the past.
FYI: All of my meal prep recipes are gluten free and most are grain free and dairy free.
- 5-Day EASY Weight Loss Meal Prep Menu for Maximum Fat Loss (Grain Free Burrito Bowl, Egg Muffins, etc.)
- Another Super Easy 5-Day Healthy Meal Prep for Weight Loss (with grain free pancakes!)
- 5-Day Weight Loss Meal Prep Menu (with Breakfast Frittata, Broccoli Salad, and Chicken Meatballs)
- 5-Day Minimalistic Weight Loss Meal Prep Menu
- 5-Day Anti-Inflammatory Meal Prep Menu
- 5 Make-Ahead Lunch Box Meal Prep Recipes
Pingback: HEALTHY MEAL PREP | 5 Make-Ahead Healthy Lunch Box Ideas for School or Work | Feelin' Fabulous with Kayla
Good morning !! I prepared one of your other meals plans this week and it is really good and a nice change to what I have been doing. I wanted to ask what are the serving sizes for your dishes? I have been weighing and measuring out everything I can pretty much eyeball stuff at this point but I did want to ask . I plan to do the above meal prep this nest week looking forward to trying it !!
I love the food and recipes. They are in my budget and delicious as well. Easy to prepare the meals specially for women like me who had a full time job.
This is my second 5 day meal prep and I’m just loving it. I loved the healthy brownies for snack and can’t wait to try the raspberry bars
I was just wondering, what does 1 serving mean?
Hi Kayla! This is my second week meal prep and I’m already feeling much lighter and self aware of the things I’m eating to fuel my body! Like the other people on the comment thread I was wondering how much a serving size measures up to. Thank you for sharing your recipes they’re so delicious and I just wanted to add my 11 y/o and 18 m/o loved the creamy Tuscan chicken!
I’m trying your meal prep plan today I’m doing keto low carb. Going to try to change some of the things you use in your recipe for low carb ones. Still learning what to eat one low carb keto diet. I’m excited to start.
waffles didn’t set for me. I can’t have eggs, so i used bananas instead – maybe that’s the problem. Same with the frying pan – just mush. I have some egg substitute i’ll try next time. Any other tips?