I’m back with another Weight Loss Meal Prep for a full 5-Day Work Week! Yay! I know y’all have been patiently waiting for me to post another healthy meal prep, and I can’t wait for y’all to try this one. As always, the recipes for this meal prep menu are gluten free, dairy free, grain free, and soy free.
My healthy meal preps are intended to help you jumpstart your health and weight loss journey by planning and prepping all of your meals for up to 5 days, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
I try to make the recipes on my meal preps super simple yet satisfying, delicious, and healthy. Weight loss isn’t just about counting macros (although that can play a big role), it’s also about packing in nutrient-dense foods to ensure you’re getting healthier while losing the weight.
Meal Prep Menu At-A-Glance
- Breakfast – Grain Free Protein Pancakes (3 days) & Fat Burning Antioxidant Smoothie (2 days)
- Lunch – Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad (gluten & dairy free)
- Dinner – Turkey Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Steamed Broccoli (high protein & grain free)
- Snack – Flourless Protein Brownie Bites (grain free & dairy free)
This meal prep menu ranges anywhere from 1,400-1,700 calories per day depending on how many snacks (brownie bites) you have and the serving sizes you choose for the pancakes.
If you’re seeking weight loss and you’re not very active, be sure to limit snacking as those calories can add up. And, opt for the breakfast with 3 protein pancakes (not 5).
Disclaimer: This is a weight loss meal prep for women who are moderately active (not athletes). Most women will see weight loss results with a daily caloric intake between 1,400-1,600 calories but results are not guaranteed. If you aren’t losing weight on my weight loss meal preps, consult with your doctor to discuss further options. Hormonal imbalances can play a major role in those who have difficulty losing weight even after cutting calories. Men can also use my weight loss meal preps; however, you may need to double some of the recipes to increase your caloric intake to around 1,800-2,000 calories per day assuming you’re only moderately active.
Get the Grocery Shopping List for this Meal Prep Below (Free PDF Download)
Watch Meal Prep Video Below
Kitchen Essentials for this Meal Prep
To make this weight loss meal prep easier for you, here are some kitchen essentials I recommend…
- Glass Meal Prep Containers (without dividers)
- Glass Meal Prep Containers (with dividers)
- Stainless Steel Sauce Cups (for dressings, syrups, sauces, etc.)
- Handheld Immersion Blender
- Baking Sheet
- Ninja All-in-One Foodi (not necessary but can be used to quickly pressure cook potatoes, steam vegetables, etc.)
- High Speed Blender
- Primal Kitchen’s Avocado Oil & Avocado Oil Non-Stick Spray (use code KAYLA10 for 10% Off)
Protein Pancakes & Fat Burning Antioxidant Smoothie
For breakfast this week, two of the days we’re having my Fat Burning Antioxidant Smoothie and three of the days we’re having my protein pancakes.
Note about macros: The pancake recipe makes 15 mini pancakes. You can serve 3-5 pancakes per day depending on how many calories you want to consume each day. I’ll list the macros for both serving sizes so you can easily calculate your daily macros.
Protein Pancakes w/ Berries & a Boiled Egg
Servings: 15 mini pancakes | Prep Time: 5-10 min | Cook Time: 5-10 min
- Dry Ingredients:
3/4 C. Almond Flour
1/4 C. Tapioca Flour
1/4 C. Coconut Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Sea Salt
- Wet Ingredients:
1/2 C. Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Tbsp Raw Honey or Pure Maple Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Avocado Oil or Coconut Oil, melted
3 Eggs, hard boiled
1.5 C. Fresh Berries (any variety)
3 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
3 Tbsp Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Then, add in the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk until fully combined.
- Grease a large skillet with non-stick spray or oil. Turn heat to medium. Pour about 2-3 Tbsp worth of the pancake batter onto the skillet and cook until it starts to bubble on top or until the bottom is firm enough to flip. Flip and continue to cook until fully cooked through. Repeat this process until all of the pancake batter is gone. This should yield about 15 mini pancakes.
- Transfer 3-5 mini pancakes to each meal prep container (depending on your calorie preference). Also, in each container, add 1 hard boiled eggs, 1/2 C. fresh berries, and top the pancakes with 1 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut. In a separate small container, add 1 Tbsp of maple syrup for each breakfast. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
Macros for Breakfast – Protein Pancakes
Macros for one full Breakfast – Includes 3 mini pancakes, 1 boiled egg, 1/2 C. berries, 1 Tbsp maple syrup, and 1 Tbsp of shredded coconut
Macros for one full Breakfast – Includes 5 mini pancakes, 1 boiled egg, 1/2 C. berries, 1 Tbsp maple syrup, and 1 Tbsp of shredded coconut
Fat Burning Antioxidant Smoothie
Servings: 1 | Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
1 C. Frozen Blueberries
1/2 Ripe Avocado
2 Tbsp Ground Chia or Flax Seeds
1 Tbsp Unsweetened Nut Butter (I like almond butter)
Juice from 1/2 Lemon
1 tsp Matcha Powder
1 Scoop of High Quality Protein Powder (I use Collagen Peptides)
1 C. Unsweetened Almond Milk (can also use oat, cashew, or coconut milk)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Macros for Breakfast – Smoothie
Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad
For lunch this week, we’re having this oh-so-delicious Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad. And, yes, it’s gluten free! For the noodles, I recommend using these grain free Cassava Flour Noodles or these Chickpea Noodles. Both are super clean with minimal ingredients. And, I’ve included the macros for for both below.
Servings: 5 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
- For the Salad Base:
8 oz Fusilli or Rotini Pasta Noodles (I use either Chickpea Noodles or Cassava Flour Noodles to keep it gluten free)
2 Tbsp Avocado or Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1 Red Bell Pepper, de-seeded & diced
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, de-seeded & diced
1/2 Red Onion, diced
1 Jalapeno, de-seeded & finely chopped
2 Large Chicken Breasts (or 3 small)
1 C. Cherry Tomatoes, sliced into halves or fourths
Fresh Cilantro, to garnish
- For the Fajita Seasoning:
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- For the Dressing:
1/2 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2-4 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice (about 1-2 large limes)
1 Tbsp Raw, Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Tbsp Raw Honey
Pinch of Sea Salt
1/2 C. Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- Boil the noodles according to the package instructions. Once they’re done, drain and rinse them with cool water. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- While the noodles are cooking, combine all of the Fajita Seasoning in a small bowl. Mix and set aside. In a separate small bowl, combine all of the Dressing ingredients. Mix and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the avocado or coconut oil along with the chopped bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno. Saute those until slightly soft.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small bite-size pieces (about 1-2 inches thick). Rub half of the Fajita Seasoning into the chicken pieces. Add chicken pieces to the skillet with bell pepper mixture. Toss to combine everything and continue to cook until the chicken is fully cooked through. Then, add all of the remaining Fajita Seasoning and mix to combine. **Note: If there’s extra liquid in the pan, you can either drain it or continue to cook without a lid to allow some of the liquid to evaporate. But, be careful not to “dry out” the chicken.
- Transfer the skillet mixture to the mixing bowl with the noodles. Then, add the cherry tomatoes and dressing. Toss to make sure everything is combined. At this point, feel free to add a bit more sea salt and pepper, if desired.
- Transfer the pasta salad to your meal prep containers, garnish with fresh cilantro (optional), and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. This pasta can be eaten at room temperature, cool, or warm. **You can freeze this pasta if you’re concerned about freshness throughout the week. It will stay good in the freezer for up to a month.
Macros for Lunch
Macros for Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad (with Chickpea Noodles)
Macros for Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad (with Cassava Noodles)
Turkey Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
For dinner this week, we’re having my Turkey Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with a side of steamed broccoli and avocado. Note: Be sure to add the avocado to the meal prep container the morning of with a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice to keep it from turning brown.
Servings: 5 stuffed potatoes | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20-60 minutes (depending on what method you use to cook the potatoes)
5 Small-Medium Sweet Potatoes (you can also use regular potatoes)
1 Tbsp Avocado Oil or Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1 Small Yellow Onion or 1/2 of a Large Onion, diced
1 Green Bell Pepper, de-seeded & chopped
1 lb 93% Lean Ground Turkey (or ground chicken)
1.5 tsp Chili Powder
1.5 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1 C. Canned Diced Tomatoes (no salt added)
Green Onion, finely diced (optional for garnish)
Sides: 1 Large Head of Broccoli (or 2 small) and 2 Avocados
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat. Poke shallow holes into the potatoes with a fork. Place onto baking sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are soft and can easily be pierced with a fork. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. (You can also cook the potatoes with a pressure cooker for faster meal prepping).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil, onion, and bell pepper. Saute until slightly soft.
- Then, add the ground turkey to the skillet and cook until done. Add in all seasonings. Stir to combine. Then, add in the diced tomatoes. Stir to combine. Turn heat to low-medium and let simmer for 3-4 minutes. (Feel free to add more seasonings, if desired).
- Remove stems from broccoli and cut into bite-size pieces. Steam broccoli until soft. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Once the sweet potatoes have cooled enough, cut them down the center, length-wise, with a knife. Break up some of the sweet potato along the edges of the potatoes then evenly distribute the turkey chili mixture into each potato. **Note: You can also scoop out about 75% of the potato, add to a bowl along with the turkey chili, mix, and then add back to the potato.
- When ready, transfer the stuffed potatoes to your meal prep containers along with the steamed broccoli. Add 1/4 of an avocado to each container when ready to serve.
Macros for Dinner
Macros for a Full Dinner (includes 1 stuffed potato, 1/4 of an avocado, & 1/2-1 C. of steamed broccoli)
Macros for 1 Stuffed Potato (with no sides)
Flourless Protein Brownie Bites
These protein brownie bites are completely grain free, flourless, and dairy free. And, did I mention, they’re delicious?! Definitely one of my favorite healthy snacks when I’m craving something sweet and chocolate-y.
This brownie recipe makes 12-24 brownie bites, depending on how big or small you cut them. If cut into 12 squares, each square would equal 200 calories. If cut into 24 squares, each square would equal 100 calories. So, it really just depends on what serving size you prefer. I used a 9×13 glass dish.
Servings: makes 12-24 squares | Prep Time: 5-10 minutes | Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
3 Ripe Bananas
1 C. Unsweetened Almond Butter
1/4 C. Pure Maple Syrup (or raw honey)
1/4 C. Cacao Powder (or cocoa powder)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 Scoops of Your Favorite Protein Powder (I use Collagen Peptides)
Pinch of Sea Salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 9×13 baking dish with avocado oil or coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until they are fully mushed. My secret to getting the bananas extra smooth is to further puree them using a handheld immersion blender (gives the brownies a better texture).
- Add in the nut butter to the bowl and mix with a fork until fully combined.
- Next, add in all remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer mixture to the baking dish. Spread out evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from the dish.
- Cut brownie bites into 12-24 squares (based on your preference). Store in an airtight container in the fridge or at room temperature until ready to serve or pack for the day.
Macros for Snack
Macros for 1 brownie bite based on 12 total squares. If you cut into 24 squares, just divide the macros in half.
Looking for more healthy meal preps like this?
If you’re on the search for more weight loss meal prep ideas, I’ve got you covered! Below, I’ve listed some of my most popular meal preps. If you’re looking for more of a longterm commitment, check out my 21-Day Paleo Reset Program, which includes 21 days of weight loss meal plans and more! **All of my meal preps are 100% gluten free & most are grain free and dairy free.
- Ultimate 5-Day Fat Loss Meal Prep | Includes Egg Muffins, Grain Free Burrito Bowl, & Chicken Thighs w/ Dairy Free Creamed Spinach
- 5-Day Minimalistic Fat Loss Meal Prep (super easy meals!) | Includes Protein Chia Pudding, Paleo Fiesta Chicken Burgers, & Salmon w/ Sweet Potato
- 5-Day Anti-Inflammatory Meal Prep (great for reducing inflammation & bloating) | Includes: Turkey Sausage Apple Hash, Tropical Turmeric Detox Smoothie, Butternut Squash Salmon Patties, & Golden Turmeric Soup
- 5-Day Weight Loss Meal Prep for More Variety | Includes: Overnight Protein Oats, Paleo Chicken Nuggets, Cucumber Dill Salad, Grain Free Meatloaf
- Lunch Meal Prep – 5 Make Ahead Healthy Lunch Ideas | Includes: Grain Free Turkey Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad, Grain Free Chicken Meatball Marinara, Honey Lime Fruit Salad, 3-Ingredient Date Energy Balls, Quinoa Olive Salad, and Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
Can’t wait to try this! For the brownies- About how much protein powder is two scoops? I know different proteins have different size scoops…
Great question! The scoop I use is equal to 11 grams.
I’m needing to lose weight and worried consuming too many carbs will hurt my efforts. Thoughts?
Feel free to swap out the noodles with a low carb pasta for the lunch recipe. Or, swap out the honey or maple syrup with a low carb sweetener. Lakanto makes a great low carb liquid sweetener!
All recipes you shared look so good. Cannot wait to try them this coming week!
Is there any way to download and print these recipes? I hard to print each page separate.I am so excited to try all these fabulous recipes. Thank you
There’s a print button on each ingredients list and directions list 🙂
Made your brownies and they are delicious. I have also tried several of your other recipes and they have all been wonderful. Thank you for sharing.
Wonderful! So glad you enjoyed them! 🙂
Hello! Excited that I found your page, how often will you be posting meal prep plans like this? I’d like to keep an eye out for them and try them on a regular basis. Thanks!
Hey there! Excited your enjoying my meal preps! I’ve already posted a few meal preps on my blog and Youtube if you’re looking for more variety. But, yes, I do plan on posting more. Because the meal preps take 2 weeks from start to finish to plan, film, edit, etc., I will probably only post them once every 4-6 weeks. But, feel free to repeat them as much as desired and you can also mix and match recipes from any of the meal prep menus. See all of my meal preps here: https://feelinfabulouswithkayla.com/category/meal-prep/
I have already tried 2 of your meal prep menus in the past and couldn’t have enjoyed them more! So excited to try this one. Thank you!!
Wonderful! So glad to hear this!
Omg the pasta recipe was amazing!! My son and I are on a weightloss journey now together. I meal prepped this for us and we ate it for dinner as well last night. He loved it and so did I. I have a couple of questions I s though. 1. I need to rework the calories from the noodles because my store only had gluten free penne pasta. What were the calories from the noodles so I can add the ones I purchased to the calorie count please? 2. What is the actual serving size because I want to make sure I give both of us the correct amount via a measuring cup please?
Yay! So glad y’all enjoyed it! Here’s the links for the pasta nutrition labels for you to calculate. For the chickpea noodles (nutrition label is image #5): https://www.eatbanza.com/products/banza-chickpea-rotini and for the Cassava Flour Noodles: https://jovialfoods.com/100-organic-grain-free-cassava-fusilli/ Hope this helps! 🙂
Pingback: How To Make Healthy Homemade Jello (only 2 ingredients) | Kid-Friendly and Gut Healing | Feelin' Fabulous with Kayla
Is there a way to know just the calories for 3 mini pancakes?
Pingback: How To Make Overnight Oats + 5 Healthy Recipes (gluten free!) | Feelin' Fabulous with Kayla
Wow, wow, wow girl!! This is just what I needed in my fitness rut 😊 I’m so happy I found your YouTube channel. These meal prep plans look so good and I can already tell they are going to be a big game changer for me. Keep um coming Kayla!
So glad you found my channel and blog! Can’t wait to hear your feedback and results 🙂
Pingback: 5-Day Healthy Meal Prep Menu for Weight Loss (grain free!) | Feelin' Fabulous with Kayla
I just made the chicken fajita pasta and it is out of this world good!! I used chick pea pasta because I couldn’t find the other in my grocery store, thank you so much for sharing your tips and recipes!
So glad you enjoyed it! 🙂
Your meals looks delicious I’m on a 1300 hundred calories diet plan but looking forward to preparing your meal
Hope you enjoy it!
Pingback: 22 Meal Prep Essentials + How To Reheat Your Meals | Feelin' Fabulous with Kayla
recently discovered you and i tried the pancakes and oh my! they are so good! only change i made was lemon instead of vanilla extract b/c i ran out of vanilla.
So glad you enjoyed the pancakes! I’ll have to try the lemon flavor next time… that sounds delicious! 🙂
I am Loving these recipes!! The chicken fajita pasta was so delicious!! I doubled the recipe so my husband could have some as well. For the protein brownies can I use peanut butter instead of almond butter? It is all I have right now. Thank you so much!! Looking forward to more of your meal prep videos.
So glad y’all enjoyed the recipes! Yes, you can use any nut butter in place of the almond butter. It may change the taste a bit but not the texture. 🙂
Wow! I just found your website yesterday and I’m hooked! I love how simple you make everything. Thank you so much for all the hard work you’re putting in to help us. I do have a question, I have a family of seven; the meal preps are great for my husband and I, but what do you suggest for the kids? Do you have kids? What do you feed them?
Thank you so much and I’m so glad you’re enjoying my content! I do not have kids (yet), but I have many followers who do and say that both their husband and kids LOVE my recipes. So, feel free to multiply any of my recipes to feed the entire family. You can also batch prep most of my meal prep recipes and freeze them for later use if that’s easier for you.
Hiii! I’m new here so I could definitely just be missing it…. but I cant seem to find the link to download this shopping list (meal prep with mini pancakes, pasta and potatoe for dinner)
Please help! Thanks!! 🙂
I don’t eat fish, can i substitute chicken breast?
Hey Kayla! I just joined up to your 21 day plan and am so excited. I was wondering, I’m trying to find the grocery list. I go to where it states on each page (some say at the bottom, others say to put email in box), but I can’t see the location. I’ve done a search for the word “grocery” too but can’t find it. Can you please help? I also wanted to say that I’ve already tried a few of your recipes, and it’s the first time I’ve come across healthy, fat loss meals, that actually taste incredible and don’t take hours to make or hard to access ingredients. God bless you for all you’re doing 🙂
Pingback: PAN SEARED SALMON | with Lemon Butter Cream Sauce (grain free, low carb) - Feelin' Fabulous with Kayla
Kayla, I am so thankful that you provide these meal prep menus for free. I know a lot of time and energy goes into putting these together and I just really appreciate it. I have loved all of your recipes (I cook the turkey sausage and sweet potato hash almost weekly!). They’re always delicious, simple and have great macros. Thank you for all that you do!
What app or website do you use to calculate the nutritional fact
I recently discovered your page, a few days before the new year.. SO glad I did. You’re so detailed, and I LOVE THAY! I’m doing this meal prep this week. So excited! Thank you !
your recipes are great. Thank you <3
but would it be possible to print them more easily?
without all the pictures and ads?
for example like the GROCERY shopping list.
THANK YOU <3
hi, is there an easier way to print them all like the other ones?
This is abit too overwhelming for me 🙁