Today, I’m sharing my recipe for these Beef Breakfast Sausage Patties and let me tell you… they are ah-mazingly delicious!!
If you don’t eat pork or maybe you’re like me and you like to limit your pork consumption, then you must try this easy recipe.
Watch Recipe Video Below
How to Choose the Beef for these Beef Sausage Patties
For this recipe, you want to make sure you choose a ground beef that has a 75-80% leanness so it resembles the taste and texture of actual pork sausage. Also, if you get a beef that’s too lean, the patties will turn out really dry.
If possible, try to get an organic, grass-fed ground beef to avoid added hormones and to ensure the highest quality beef for your overall health.
Substitutions for Beef: If you’re not a fan of beef, you can also use ground turkey or ground chicken. Again, make sure it’s not too lean (75-80% leanness is best).
Shelf Life of these Beef Sausage Patties
These beef breakfast sausage patties will last in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them for up to 2 months.
I love these sasuage patties because you can prep a whole batch for an entire month (for the whole family). And, as long as you defrost them the night before, you’ll have an easy and healthy protein-packed breakfast option that you can quickly reheat and pair with eggs, avocado, fruit, oatmeal, etc.
When ready to reheat these, you can use a skillet or microwave. For the skillet, I like to turn the heat to low-medium, add a splash of water & the sausage patties (this keeps them moist), cover with a lid, and allow to fully heat through. For reheating in a microwave, I like to sprinkle some water over the patties before reheat to ensure they don’t dry out.
BEEF BREAKFAST SAUSAGE | Pork-Free SausageCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
This beef breakfast sausage is a great alternative to pork sausage. It’s gluten free, grain free, low carb, paleo, and Keto friendly.
1 lb 75-80% Lean Ground Beef (get grass-fed, if possible, for higher quality beef)
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Dried Sage
1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1-2 Tbsp Avocado Oil, Butter, or Ghee (for cooking)
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients (except the oil/butter) and mix until fully combined.
- Separate ground beef mixture into 6 equal parts, roll into a tight ball, and press into a patty shape to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Add oil/butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Place patties into the skillet and cook on each side until fully cooked through and browned around the edges. *Feel free to cover with a lid to help it cook faster.
- Place a paper towel onto a large plate. Once the sausages are done, transfer them to this plate to allow the paper towel to soak up any excess grease.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator up to 5 days. ENJOY!
- When reheating, I like to sprinkle a bit of water over the beef sausages to ensure they stay moist while reheating them. I like to reheat these sausages on the stovetop on low-medium heat covered with a lid. You can also reheat them in the microwave.
- You can also use ground turkey or ground chicken for this recipe, but make sure it’s not too lean (75-85% leanness is best)
- You can freeze these beef sausage patties up to 2 months.
Macros for Beef Sausage Patties
These macros are based on 6 patties with 1 Tbsp of Oil.
Looking for more healthy breakfast recipes?
If you’re on the search for more healthy breakfast recipes, here’s a few of my favorites.
- High Protein Turkey Sausage Breakfast Casserole (gluten free, dairy free, grain free, & low carb)
- Banana Protein Pancakes (gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and paleo-friendly)
- 3 Easy Egg Recipes for Breakfast Meal Prep (gluten free, grain free, dairy free, paleo)
- 4 Chia Pudding Recipes that are perfect for breakfast (gluten free, grain free, dairy free, paleo)
- Sweet Potato Waffle Breakfast Sandwich (grain free, paleo, dairy free)