These Honey Butter Glazed Carrots are an easy and healthy side dish for any time of year but especially for Thanksgiving. If you enjoy sweet and savory flavors, you’ll definitely want to try these!
Today, I’m sharing the basic recipe for these glazed carrots, but feel free to get creative by adding in some extras spices, such as ground cinnamon and ginger to give it that Fall flavor.
These roasted honey butter glazed carrots are gluten free and grain free!
How to Cut and Choose Your Carrots
As far as what type of carrots to use for this recipe, any type will work. I like to use whole carrots but you can also use baby carrots and even multi-colored carrots.
If using whole carrots, you’ll want to cut the ends off first. Then, slice them at an angle into 1-2 inch pieces. Slicing them at an angle makes them look more fancy 🙂
How to Make Roasted Honey Butter Glazed Carrots
This healthy side dish is probably one of the most simple recipes I’ve ever made. But, don’t let the simplicity of this recipe fool you because the flavor is amazing!
- Step 1: Prep the carrots. Wash the carrots then thoroughly dry them.
- Step 2: Cut the ends off the carrots then cut them at an angle into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Step 3: In a skillet over low-medium heat, add the butter and honey. Toss the carrots to coat them with the glaze.
- Step 4: Spread evenly onto a lined baking sheet and roast!
Watch Recipe Video Below
Did you enjoy this recipe?
If you tried this recipe and enjoyed it, then you’ll also enjoy my Cinnamon Honey Mashed Carrots recipe.
Don’t forget to tag me in your recipe photos over on Instagram and I’ll re-post it on my stories!
Honey Butter Glazed Carrots | Healthy Side DishCourse: Sides, DinnerDifficulty: Easy
This Roasted Honey Butter Glazed Carrot recipe is the perfect healthy side dish. It’s gluten free and grain free.
2 lbs Carrots (I used whole carrots)
1/4 C. Unsalted Butter
1/4 C. Raw Honey
Sea Salt, to taste
Optional Spices: Ground Cinnamon, Ginger, and Black Pepper
Fresh Parsley to Garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat and set aside.
- If using whole carrots, cut the ends off first. Then, slice at an angle into 1-2 inch pieces.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the butter until melted. Then, turn the heat to low-medium and add the honey. Stir to combine.
- Add the carrots to the skillet and toss until they are fully coated with the honey butter glaze.
- Transfer carrots to the lined baking sheet and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with sea salt and any other spices you want to add.
- Bake carrots for 22-25 minutes or until slightly browned and tender.
- When ready to serve, transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh parsley.
- These carrots will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 4 days in an air tight container.
- You can freeze these carrots for up to 2 months.
- These carrots are best served fresh, but you can reheat them in the microwave or on the stovetop on low heat with a lid.