Hey Y’all! I’m back with another delicious recipe for you today. I’m sharing my Sweet Potato Waffle Breakfast Sandwich recipe, and believe me…. They Are Delicious!!
If you love waffles and sweet potatoes, then you’re going to love this combination! And, the best part about this recipe is that you can prep the waffles 3-4 days in advance for convenience.
Also, feel free to get creative with the fillings. In today’s video, I’ll be adding arugula, scrambled eggs, avocado, and tomato slices. But, you can also add pasture-raised bacon, turkey bacon, breakfast sausage, etc.
As always, this recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and paleo-friendly! ENJOYYYY!!!
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO BELOW…
Sweet Potato Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches
This healthy breakfast recipe is gluten free and paleo friendly.
For the Waffles (makes 2):
- 1.5 C. Sweet Potato, peeled & grated
- 2 Pasture-Raised Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- Pinch Sea Salt, to taste
- Pinch Black Pepper, to taste
For the Filling (choose based on preference):
- Greens (spinach, arugula, etc.)
- Scrambled Eggs
- Avocado Slices
- Tomato Slices
- Pasture-Raised Bacon
- Turkey Bacon
- Peel the sweet potatoes. Then, cut them into wedges small enough to fit through the chute of a food processor.
- Using the grating tool on your food processor, run the sweet potato wedges through the chute of the processor to grate the potato.
- For the waffle mixture, add the grated sweet potato, eggs, coconut flour, sea salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl. And, mix until fully combined. Separate mixture into two equal parts.
- Heat your waffle iron to level 4-5 and spray with a non-stick spray. Once heated, spread half of the waffle mixture evenly onto the waffle iron and cook for 3-4 minutes or until fully cooked through (some waffle irons cook faster than others so keep an eye on it). Repeat with the remaining waffle mixture. You should end up with 2 waffles.
- Cut the waffles into fourths (total of 8 pieces). And, assemble your sandwiches by adding your choice of fillings. ENJOY!