Hey y’all! Today, I’m sharing with you a smoothie blend I’ve been drinking every morning (literally) for the past couple of months.
I like to drink it on an empty stomach before my workout session because it’s very energizing! Plus, green tea is known for increasing metabolism and fat-burning (Yesss!).
Instead of using water as my liquid base for this smoothie, I’m using a blend of green tea and yerba mate.
Benefits of Green Tea:
Adding green tea to your daily smoothies is a simple switch that’ll yield amazing results. Just to give you an idea of how beneficial it is when consumed daily, let me share a few of the reasons why I’ve been adding it to my daily smoothies…
- The natural caffeine content increases metabolism and energy levels (which results in more fat-burning at the gym)
- The antioxidants help to fight against disease and free radicals
- The antioxidants are also great for slowing down the aging process (something I’m forced to focus more on now that I’m no longer in my 20s.. Lol!)
- The many compounds and nutrients in green tea help to increase overall immunity (meaning you get sick less often)
These are the main reasons I like to include green tea in my smoothies. However, there are many other benefits of green tea (i.e. helps reduce the “bad” cholesterol, helps prevent Alzheimer’s, helps to relieve migraines, and much much more!).
Benefits of Yerba Mate:
If you’ve ever tried yerba mate, you’ll know why I love adding it to my smoothies in addition to green tea. It gives you a boost in mental clarity while also making you feel relaxed (not in a tired way… more like a “chilled out” way).
Lets put it this way… it’s been said that yerba mate has the “strength of coffee, the health benefits of tea, and the euphoria of chocolate” all in one beverage. And, I would have to agree!
Yerba mate is made from the dried leaves of an evergreen holly (found in South America). Here are a few of the reasons I like to add it to my smoothies in addition to green tea:
- It provides mental clarity while also keeping you “chilled out”
- It’s also loaded with antioxidants (you can never get enough nowadays!)
- It’s a powerhouse of nutrition too (slew of vitamins, trace minerals, and even 15 amino acids!)
- It can help with digestion
- Some studies have shown that it can increase bone density to help prevent against osteoporosis
- Some studies show that it can help with weight loss due to its ability to suppress appetite and burn stored fat
Try My Green Tea Energizing Smoothie…
To reap the benefits of green tea and yerba mate, I like to use them as my liquid base for my smoothies instead of water. Watch the recipe video below to see how I make this Green Tea Energizing Smoothie.
Don’t forget to Like and Comment if you enjoy these types of recipe videos 🙂
Products Used in this Recipe Video:
The only two brands of pasture-raised collagen protein I trust (in terms of quality) include… Bulletproof Collagen & Vital Proteins Collagen
Brain Octane Oil (high quality MCT Oil for brain health)
Celtic Sea Salt (great for trace minerals & balancing electrolytes after a workout session)
I really enjoyed this smoothie! I don’t have Yerba mate yet but will make sure to get some seeing the awesome benefits. Thanks for sharing. After watching your video on losing belly fat, I’m going to be doing one green smoothie every day so I’m open to all your recipes!
That’s awesome! Keep me posted on your results 🙂
Kayla, I love 💕 this smoothie & can’t wait to make it (substituting an avocado) to lower carbs. By any chance, have you calculated nutrition facts, (whether with banana or avocado)? Thanks!!
Thanks Lori! Calorie-wise, it would be around 360 with the banana and around 400-450 with the avocado, depending on how much avocado you add.