So, I am completely obsessed with these burger patties. I make burger patties ALOT using ground beef, ground turkey, etc. because… well… they’re just so easy to make and they keep me full for hours!
But, these are special.
Why? Because the flavors in this recipe are BOLD and some of my favs. If you love the flavors in Mexican foods, then you’ll quickly become obsessed with this recipe too 😉
I mean just look how good they look…
Wrap them with some iceberg lettuce stuffed with avocados & salsa and you have yourself a delicious lunch or dinner. Heck, I’d even eat these for breakfast… Lol!
Mexican Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning or 1 Tbsp of Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 Bell Pepper, de-seeded and chopped any color
- 1/4 C. Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp Coconut or Avocado Oil
- Optional: Iceberg lettuce leaves (for wrapping the burger) and avocado slices or guacamole
- Add 1 Tbsp of coconut oil to a skillet over medium heat. Saute the chopped bell pepper until soft. Once done, transfer chopped bell pepper to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the ground chicken, taco seasoning, and cilantro to the same mixing bowl and use your hands to fully mix the ingredients.
- Separate mixture into 4 sections and form each section into a patty.
- Add 1 more Tbsp of coconut oil (if needed) to the skillet and cook the patties on each side until fully cooked through.
- To serve, wrap a patty with iceberg lettuce and stuff with avocado slices (or guacamole), salsa, onions, etc.
Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you give them a try 🙂