I don’t know about you, but I absolutely LOVE me some Pumpkin Spice Latte’s y’all (in my southern accent).
I mean seriously – Pumpkin Spice Latte’s have practically become synonymous with Fall thanks (mostly) to Starbucks.
Avoid the Sugar…
But, here’s the deal… as good as the traditional Pumpkin Spice Latte may be, it’s definitely not good for your health or waistline.
A Starbuck’s Grande 16oz Pumpkin Spice Latte with 2% Milk contains 48g of SUGAR! That’s not even including the whipped cream… Yikes!
There’s a Better Way…
Today I’m going to show you how I make my low carb version. Yes, it’s still thick, creamy, and FULL of all that delicious Fall flavor!
Oh, and by the way, it’s also…
- 100% Gluten Free, and
- Can be made Paleo Friendly
Check out my recipe video below. Do you have a healthy version of the Pumpkin Spice Latte? If so, feel free to share it with others in my comment section below.
See How I Make it in the Video Below…
Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Latte
This recipe is healthy, low carb, and gluten free. It can also be made to be paleo friendly.
- 2 C. Coffee (brewed)
- 1 C. Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Unrefined Coconut Oil (MCT Oil, or Brain Octane Oil)
- 3-4 Tbsp Organic Pumpkin Puree (I used 3)
- 2 Tbsp Grass-fed Butter (eliminate for strict Paleo)
- 1/2-1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (I used 1 Tbsp)
- 1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Birch Xylitol (Coconut Palm Sugar, or Stevia (can add more or less as needed))
- Brew 2 C. of Coffee (brew to your liking… I used 4 Tbsp of ground beans)
- Add all remaining ingredients to a saucepan and heat over medium heat until it begins to bubble.
- Add brewed coffee and coconut milk mixture from the saucepan to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and frothy. Sprinkle Cinnamon over top.
This recipe can also be served chilled.