Okay – if you’ve never tried “cheesy” kale chips before, you’re tastebuds are definitely missing out! I’ve made these kale chips countless times before, and every time I make them, they’re ALWAYS a hit.
Not only are they a tasty snack, but they’re chock full of healthy fiber. They’re so stinkin’ good that you could literally eat a whole bunch of kale without even realizing it. Hey – I’d rather eat too many kale chips than fried potato chips! Lol
If you’re a health nut or even just trying to make healthier food swaps, I highly suggest trying out this kale chip recipe when you get a chance. So far, it’s the best one I’ve tried – seriously – AND, it’s extremely easy to make.
Tools You’ll Need:
- Food Processor
- Dehydrator or Oven
- A willingness to get your hands dirty
- Curly Kale, 1-2 bunches
- Raw Cashews, 1 Cup
- Red, Yellow, or Orange Bell Pepper, 1 medium size (Red gives the best flavor)
- Nutritional Yeast Powder, 1/2 Cup (secret “cheesy” ingredient)
- Water, 1/4 – 1/3 Cup
- Seasonings, to taste (Pink Salt, Turmeric, Chili powder) – I’m pretty generous with the seasonings FYI
- Lemon or Apple Cider Vinegar, to taste (optional)
Instructions (images below):
- De-stem the kale, separate kale pieces into bite size
- Add cashews to food processor, process into crumbs
- Add bell pepper and water to food processor, blend until smooth (should be a pretty thick consistency)
- Add nutritional yeast and seasonings to processor, blend all ingredients (if too watery, it won’t stick to the kale – add more cashews or nutritional yeast if too watery)
- Pour “cheese” mixture over kale pieces, mix well (get your hands dirty); see #4 in image below
- Put kale chips in a dehydrator and dehydrate at 115 degrees for about 7 hours or until crispy (Raw Vegan Style)
- If you do not have a dehydrator: Set your oven to its lowest temperature and crack the oven door.. should take about 4-5 hours or until crispy.