Egg salad is a classic recipe that’s been around for years and everyone seems to have their own twist on the recipe. I’ve tried so many varieties of egg salad over the years, and I can say that today’s recipe is my absolute favorite!
But, as always, I’m going to make this ultimate egg salad recipe even healthier by swapping traditional processed mayonnaise (that contains soy & other unnecessary ingredients) with my favorite healthy mayo, Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo. That way I’m avoiding all those nasty, processed ingredients!
Now the cool thing about egg salad is that you can serve it in a variety of ways. I like to eat it as a sandwich (I use gluten free bread), wrap it in lettuce, serve it over a bed of greens, eat it with healthy crackers, or sometimes I just eat it own its own because it’s just that good! It’s also a great recipe to serve at parties or gatherings.
Watch How I Make This Ultimate Egg Salad Sandwich
But, this healthy lunch recipe can be whipped up in minutes for a healthy on-the-go lunch option. Personally, I like to prep my boiled eggs at the beginning of the week and then make my egg salad fresh; however, if you don’t have time for that, you can prep this egg salad recipe 3-4 days in advance and it’ll still be fresh and taste delicious.
The Ultimate Egg Salad Recipe (made healthier) | Healthy Lunch RecipeCourse: Lunch, AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
This healthy egg salad recipe is gluten free, paleo, low carb, keto, and super easy to make for a healthy lunch recipe.
1/4 C. Healthy Mayonnaise (I use the Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo)
1/4 C. Red Onion, diced
2-4 Tbsp Fresh Dill, stems removed & minced
2-4 Tbsp Green Onion, chopped
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
Juice from 1/2-1 whole Lemon
Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
Serve with any of the following: Gluten Free Bread, Healthy Crackers, Lettuce Wraps, etc.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil then gently add the eggs. Boil eggs for 10-12 minutes. Once done, immediately place the eggs in ice water for 10 minutes and then peel the eggs.
- While eggs are boiling and cooling, go ahead and chop the herbs & vegetables.
- Once eggs are peeled, dice them with a knife into small chunky pieces then transfer to a mixing bowl. Add all remaining egg salad ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir until fully combined.
- Serve with gluten free bread, crackers, lettuce wraps, etc. This egg salad will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayonnaise (use code KAYLA10 for 10% Off)
Looking for more healthy lunch recipes?
If you’re on the search for healthy lunch ideas, here are a few of my favorites.
- Healthy Creamy Broccoli Salad Recipe (paleo, grain free, gluten free)
- 4 Healthy Sandwich Recipes for School or Work (gluten free, paleo)
- Keto Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas (low carb, grain free, paleo, gluten free)
- 4 Salad-In-Jar Recipes for On-the-Go Lunch (low carb & paleo options)
- Hearty Beef ‘n Bacon Bean-Free Chili Recipe (low carb, keto, paleo, gluten free)
Did you make this healthy recipe? If so, be sure to leave a comment below and tag me in your food photos on Instagram #feelinfabulouswithkayla @KaylaJChandler