Avocado Egg Salad is one of my favorite go-to healthy lunch recipes anytime I need to whip up something super quickly! It’s a twist on the traditional egg salad recipe and substitutes the mayonnaise with avocado as the creamy base.
And, with the addition of the avocado, it really takes the nutrition level up a notch! The healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals in the avocado will keep you full and nourished while the protein from the eggs will satisfy your hunger for hours.
Personally, I like to boil some eggs at the beginning of the week to have on hand and when I’m ready for lunch, I’ll just quickly mash up an avocado along with some chopped vegetables and the diced egg and it’s ready in less than 10 minutes!
If you prefer prepping your meals in advance, this avocado egg salad recipe will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days as long as you add plenty of lemon juice. The acids in the lemon juice will slow down the browning process. Just make sure you give it a good stir before serving.
Watch Me Make This Avocado Egg Salad Below
A few tips when making this avocado egg salad recipe:
- Make sure the avocados are ripe. Otherwise, you won’t be able to easily mash them with a fork.
- Add plenty of lemon juice to slow down the browning process of the avocados.
- Always stir the salad before serving.
Avocado Egg Salad Recipe | Healthy Lunch IdeasCourse: Lunch, AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
This avocado egg salad recipe is super healthy and easy to whip for for an on-the-go healthy lunch.
2 Large Avocados or 4 Small (ripe)
1/4 C. Celery, chopped
1/4 C. Red Onion, diced
2-4 Tbsp Green Onion, chopped
2-4 Tbsp Fresh Diced, minced
Juice from 1-2 Lemons, to taste
Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
Serve with any of these: Gluten Free Bread, Healthy Crackers, Lettuce Wraps, etc.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil then gently add the eggs. Boil eggs for 10-12 minutes. Once done, immediately place the eggs in ice water for 10 minutes and then peel the eggs. After peeling the eggs, dice them into chunky pieces with a knife.
- While eggs are boiling and cooling, go ahead and chop the herbs & vegetables.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the avocados and mash with a fork until fully broken down. Then, add all remaining avocado egg salad ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Serve with gluten free bread, crackers, lettuce wraps, etc. This egg salad will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Looking for more healthy lunch recipes?
If you’re on the search for healthy lunch ideas, here are a few of my favorites.
- Healthy Creamy Broccoli Salad Recipe (paleo, grain free, gluten free)
- 4 Healthy Sandwich Recipes for School or Work (gluten free, paleo)
- Keto Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas (low carb, grain free, paleo, gluten free)
- 4 Salad-In-Jar Recipes for On-the-Go Lunch (low carb & paleo options)
- Hearty Beef ‘n Bacon Bean-Free Chili Recipe (low carb, keto, paleo, gluten free)
Did you make this healthy recipe? If so, be sure to leave a comment below and tag me in your food photos on Instagram #feelinfabulouswithkayla @KaylaJChandler