This gluten free honey oat bread is perfect for sandwiches, toast, french toast, dessert bread, and much more! This is one of those homemade gluten free bread recipes that I like to keep on hand at all times because it’s so delicious!
Homemade bread recipes are always better than store-bought, in my opinion, especially when it comes to gluten free breads. It’s SO hard to find a good GF bread at the store. Plus, most of them contain unnecessary additives that I try to avoid.
Choosing the Right Gluten Free Flour
For this particular bread recipe, you want to make sure you use an all-purpose gluten free flour that says one of the following on the bag:
- Cup for Cup
- Measure for Measure
Below, I’ve listed some great options:
- Cup for Cup Multipurpose Gluten Free Flour (I believe this one is also sold in Target stores)
- King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten Free Flour
- Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
It’s also important that you sift the flour. This will ensure that there are no lumps and it makes the flour more “airy,” which helps to yield a more fluffy bread. In fact, I like to sift the flour any time I’m making any type of bread recipe.
Gluten Free Honey Oat Bread Recipe Video
Gluten Free Honey Oat Bread | Homemade Bread RecipeCourse: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, SidesDifficulty: Easy
This gluten free honey oat bread recipe is great for sandwiches, toast, and more!
2 1/3 C. Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour (Cup for Cup, Measure for Measure, 1:1, see details above)
2 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 C. Rolled Oats
1/4 C. Coconut Oil, melted
1 C. Plain Greek Yogurt (can also use a dairy free yogurt)
1/4 C. Raw Honey
3/4 C. Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with oil. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the gluten free flour to remove all lumps. **I like to sift with this strainer I found on Amazon. Then, add the baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Gently mix.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the rolled oats, melted coconut oil, yogurt, egg, and honey. Mix with a whisk until fully combined. Then, slowly pour in the almond milk and continue to mix until fully combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and gently mix until fully incorporated. The texture will be slightly thick, not watery.
- Transfer this mixture into the loaf pan. Spread evenly. Sprinkle some rolled oats over top. Bake bread for 45-55 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
- Once done, allow bread to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes then transfer bread to a cooling rack to cool completely. ENJOY!
- Glass Loaf Pan
- For storage, be sure to wrap bread tightly with saran wrap or foil. If stored at room temperature, bread should last up to a week. If stored in the fridge, it should last up to 2 weeks.
More gluten free bread recipes…
If you’re on the search for more healthy bread recipes, check out some of my favorites below.
- The BEST Keto Bread with Almond Flour (low carb & gluten free)
- Paleo Grain Free Banana Bread (gluten free & super delicious!)
- 3-Ingredient Keto Bread Recipe (similar to cloud bread but without the dairy/cream cheese)
- Southern Style Sweet “Cornbread” Recipe (grain free & paleo)