Hey y’all! In today’s post, I’m sharing a super easy DIY Hand Sanitizer recipe. Additionally, I’m also going to share how to make aloe vera gel from scratch.
Not only are hand sanitizers selling out, but store-bought aloe vera gels are selling out too! Honestly, I recommend making homemade aloe vera gel from scratch anyway because it’s much cheaper and much more moisturizing to your skin.
Watch Video Below…
Recipe for Homemade Aloe Vera Gel:
- 1 Large Aloe Vera Leaf (if you can’t find one at your local grocery store, check out your local Asian or Korean food markets. They always have them in large quantities.)
- Cut the end off of the aloe leaf (the wider end) and face the cut end downwards in your skin to let the yellow-ish sap drain out. Let it drain for about 10 minutes and then rinse.
- Cut the sides of the aloe leaf off (the prickley sides) and then cut into 4-5 inch pieces so it’s easier to manage
- Then, cut the green skin off of the plant. Try to get as close to the edge as possible. You should be left with the clear jelly-like aloe meat.
- Add the aloe meat to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Then, drain the aloe liquid into a bowl using a nut milk bag, cheesecloth, a thin rag, or a fine mesh strainer. The aloe vera gel is done!
Recipe for Homemade Hand Sanitizer:
- 2/3 C. Rubbing Alcohol (at least 70% strength)
- 1/3 C. Aloe Vera Gel
- 10-20 Drops of your Favorite Essential Oils (optional). I use Peppermint Oil and Rosemary Oil
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix with a fork.
- Transfer mixture to a soap dispenser or travel containers and it’s ready to go!
I hope these recipes are helpful to y’all. Comment below if you give the DIY hand sanitizer and/or DIY aloe vera gel a try!