Hey Y’all! I’m super excited about today’s post because I’m starting a mini series on the blog sharing Easy 10-Minute Dinner recipes that you can whip up on those nights when you’re strapped for time or you just don’t feel like slaving away in the kitchen all night!
So, to kick things off, today I’m sharing my Low Carb Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps. And, don’t be deceived by the name “lettuce” wraps because I’m certain you’re going to be blown away with how flavorful these are!
Of course, you can double or triple this recipe, and the chicken filling is delicious in wraps, on a bed of greens, over cauliflower rice, etc. These chicken wraps are Keto and Paleo Friendly and the chicken filling will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 7 days.
I hope you give these wraps a try, and be sure to tag me on Instagram if you give my recipes a try!
Low Carb Chicken Fajita Lettuce WrapsCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Medium
2 Organic, Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Tbsp Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, or Grass-fed Ghee
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/4-1/2 tsp Paprika
1/4-1/2 tsp Cumin
Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Bell Pepper (any color) de-seeded & chopped
1/2 Small Purple Onion chopped
1/2 Tomato diced
Butter Lettuce (for the wraps)
Optional Toppings: Cilantro, Avocado, Organic Cheese, etc.
- Slice chicken breasts into thin slices. Place in a mixing bowl along with 1 Tbsp avocado or coconut oil, lime juice, Italian seasoning, paprika, cumin, sea salt, and pepper. Toss to combine. Make sure all of the chicken is coated with the seasonings. Set chicken aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 1-2 Tbsp of cooking oil, chopped bell pepper, and purple onion. Saute until slightly soft. The key to getting this recipe done in 10 minutes or less is to keep the heat to medium-high. And, cover the skillet with a lid to cook the veggies even faster. Once soft, remove veggies from skillet.
- Now, add the chicken to the same skillet and cook until done. Cover with a lid to cook faster and feel free to add a splash of water, if needed, to keep the chicken moist.
- Once chicken is done, add the cooked veggies back to the skillet with the chicken along with the diced tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- To serve, place your lettuce onto a plate and add the chicken mixture. Top with whatever healthy topping you’d like. IENJOY!