This healthy Keto breakfast casserole is full of healthy fats and protein that’ll keep you full all morning long! This is one of my favorite breakfast recipes to meal prep on Sunday to serve throughout the week.
It’s super easy to whip up and very satisfying. And, it’s low carb, keto friendly, gluten free, grain free, and can be made paleo friendly by simply eliminating the cheese.
Personally, I find that I feel best on mornings where I consume something that has lots of healthy fats and proteins and minimal carbs. In fact, I stick to a carb-cyling eating style where I rotate my carb intake, and I’ve found that including some healthy carbs in the evenings helps to balance my hormones and improve my quality of sleep while eating fairly low carb during the day keeps my energy levels high.
So, this Keto Turkey Sausage Breakfast Casserole is the perfect low carb breakfast to ensure I maintain high energy and optimal brain power to get me through those morning hours when I have most of my workload for the day. I hope you give this keto breakfast recipe a try! If you do, be sure to tag me on Instagram!
Keto Turkey Sausage Breakfast CasseroleCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
This Keto Breakfast Casserole is gluten free, grain free, low carb, and can be made paleo friendly by simply eliminating the cheese. It’ll last up to a week in the refrigerator, so it’s a great recipe to add to your meal prep routine.
1 lb Ground Turkey
1 tsp EACH Garlic Powder, Dried Sage, Red Pepper Flakes, Italian Seasoning, Paprika, and Sea Salt
1/2 tsp EACH Onion Powder and Black Pepper
2 C. Chopped Kale
1/2 C. Melted Coconut Cream (from a can of full-fat coconut milk)
Sea Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1 C. Organic Shredded Cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, add the ground turkey and all of the spices. Mix until fully combined.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the ground turkey and cook until done. *Tip: I like to add about 1/4-1/3 C. of water to keep the turkey from drying out.
- Once turkey is done, add the chopped kale to the skillet and saute until kale is wilted. Remove skillet from stovetop and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs and whisk until egg yolks are fully broken down. Then, add the melted coconut cream, sea salt, and pepper. Mix again.
- Grease an 8×8 casserole dish with coconut oil or avocado oil. Add the ground turkey mixture to the bottom of the dish. Then, pour the egg mixture evenly over the ground turkey. Sprinkle the cheese over top, if desired (not necessary).
- Bake dish for about 40 minutes or until the eggs are set and the top of the casserole is golden in color. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. ENJOY!