These paleo-friendly banana protein pancakes are a go-to healthy breakfast recipe for me. I like to prep them in advance and eat them throughout the week for a high protein meal option that keeps me full for hours!
These protein pancakes are gluten free, grain free, soy free, dairy free, and of course paleo-friendly.
For the syrup, I like to use a low glycemic sweetener, such as coconut nectar, in order to avoid blood sugar spikes. But, of course, feel free to use pure maple syrup.
I hope you enjoy this easy breakfast recipe and incorporate it into your healthy meal prep routine! If you give it a try, be sure to tag me on Instagram.
Paleo Banana Protein PancakesCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
These banana pancakes are gluten free, grain free, and paleo friendly.
- For the Pancakes
2 Ripe Bananas (with spots)
2 Scoops or 20 grams Collagen Protein Powder (any type of protein powder will work)
2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/3 C. Fresh Blueberries (optional)
- For the Toppings (optional):
Almond Butter (to taste)
Banana Slices (to taste)
Coconut Nectar or Pure Maple Syrup (to taste)
- In a mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork until completely mushed.
- Add all remaining pancakes ingredients (except blueberries) to bowl and mix until fully combined. Then, stir in the blueberries.
- Spray a skillet with non-stock oil or coat with coconut oil and heat over medium heat. Scoop out about 1/4 C. of the pancake mixture and pour into heated skillet. Cook on each side until fully cooked through. Repeat until all pancake mixture is gone.
- Add optional toppings and ENJOY!