Today, I’m sharing a recipe that I’ve been loving lately. My Low Carb Taco Pie! It’s FULL of flavor and the almond flour crust adds the perfect texture to this dish.
If you’re looking for a low carb, paleo friendly dinner recipe that’s very filling and satisfying, then look no further.
And, feel free to add organic sprinkle cheese if you eat dairy. It just adds even more flavor to this already delicious dish.
Watch how I make it in the video above…
Low Carb Taco Pie
This recipe is low carb, keto friendly, paleo, gluten free, and dairy free.
For the Crust
- 2 C. Almond Flour (lightly packed)
- 2 Pasture-Raised Eggs (beaten)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Grass-fed Ghee (softened (not melted))
- 2 Tbsp Your Favorite Taco Seasoning (no MSG)
For the Filling
- 1 lb Grass-fed Ground Beef
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1/2-1 Whole Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1/2-1 Whole Bell Pepper (chopped (any color))
- 1/2 C. Organic Tomato Sauce (no sugar added)
- 1 14 oz Can of Organic Diced Tomatoes, drained
For the Toppings
- Fresh Cilantro
- Organic Cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all crust ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix with hands until fully combined. Form mixture into a tight ball.
- Grease a 9-inch pie dish with oil. Press the crust ball onto the pie dish and continue to press it onto the pie dish going up the sides of the dish until it forms a crust.
- Bake crust for 10-12 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, lets prepare the filling. Cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Once it’s 75% done, add the taco seasoning, onion, and bell pepper. Mix well. Cover skillet with a lid until the onion and bell pepper have softened.
- Once the beef is cooked through and the onion and bell pepper are softened, add the tomato sauce. Mix well and cook 2-3 more minutes.
- Transfer beef mixture to the pie crust and firmly press it into the crust. Make sure it’s tightly packed, so it’ll hold together well once it’s done.
- Top with diced tomatoes and bake dish another 15-20 minutes.
- Once it’s done, allow to cool for 5 minutes. Add toppings and ENJOY!
If your taco seasoning doesn’t have sea salt included, be sure to add your own sea salt or Himalayan salt, to taste.