Hey Y’all! Well, Fall is in full swing, which means it’s time to start making more soups, chilis, and stews.
Today, I’m sharing a very delicious butternut squash soup recipe that will have your tastebuds dancing. It’s creamy, savory, and full of flavor!
It reminds me of those comfort food soup recipes I used to have as a child. You know – the ones that just make you want to curl up on the couch with a blanket while watching your favorite movie.
This soup recipe is – Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, and Paleo Friendly.
The key to keeping this soup recipe healthy is using high quality ingredients. So, be sure to get uncured, pasture-raised bacon and sausage to avoid consuming meats from factory-farmed animals.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Comment below to let me know what you think!
Bacon Sausage Butternut Squash Soup
A creamy, savory Fall soup recipe that’s Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, and Paleo Friendly.
For the Soup
- 1 Butternut Squash (medium-large in size)
- 1 C. Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 C. Full-Fat Canned Coconut Milk (shake can before opening to mix liquid & cream)
For the Toppings
- 6 Slices of Uncured (Pastured Bacon)
- 8 oz Uncured (Pastured Sausage, cut into bite-size pieces)
- Dried or Fresh Parsley (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the stem off of the squash. Then, cut the squash in half, length-wise. Remove the seeds. Place the cut side down onto a baking sheet. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until you can easily pierce through the flesh of the squash with a fork.
- Once squash is done, remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. While cooling, go ahead and fry your bacon in a skillet. After frying the bacon, use the leftover bacon grease to fry your sausage pieces. Set cooked bacon and sausage aside.
- Remove the flesh from the squash and add it to a food processor along with all remaining soup ingredients. Blend until smooth. Add this soup mixture to a saucepan over low-medium heat to keep warm until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, add a portion of the soup mixture to a bowl and top with crumbled bacon pieces and sausage pieces. Add your parsley to garnish and ENJOY!