Chicken nuggets made from ground chicken (instead of whole chicken breast cut into chunks) always make the best tasting chicken nuggets, IMO.
Maybe it’s because they remind me of my fast food days…
Yes, I used to eat Wendy’s chicken nuggets ALL the time back in the day (shhhhh!) 😉
Anyway, if you’re looking for a chicken nugget recipe that the entire family will enjoy, you’ll definitely want to give these a try.
The flavor combined with the texture make these an all-around crowd pleaser.
The spiciness can be adjusted to be more mild, if desired. The recipe below is a mild-medium spice level, IMO. So, feel free to adjust based on your preference.
These Chicken Nuggets are:
- Gluten Free
- Grain Free
- Low Carb
- Soy Free
- Paleo Friendly
Low Carb Spicy Chicken Nuggets
A delicious low carb & paleo friendly chicken nugget recipe.
- 1 lb Ground Chicken (get organic, if possible)
- 1 Pasture-Raised Egg
- 1-2 tsp of your Favorite Hot Sauce (try to find a paleo-friendly brand)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/4 C. Almond Flour
- 3-4 Tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp EACH of Garlic Powder (Onion Powder, Chili Powder, & Paprika)
- 3 Tbsp Grass-fed Butter or Ghee (melted)
- 2 Tbsp Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add ground chicken, egg, 2 tsp hot sauce, 1 tsp sea salt, and coconut flour to a bowl. Mix until fully combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the almond flour, ground flax seeds, 1/2 tsp sea salt, and remaining spices. Mix until fully combined. Set aside.
- Scoop out a heaping Tbsp of the chicken mixture, roll it into a tight ball, and flatten to about 1/2 inch thick to form a ‘nugget’ shape. Coat the nugget with the almond flour mixture (shake over any excess) and place it onto the baking sheet. Tip: You may need to wet your hands a few times to avoid the chicken mixture sticking to your hands. Repeat this process until all of the chicken mixture is gone. If you need more of the almond flour mixture for coating the nuggets, feel free to add more.
- Bake nuggets for 15 minutes (no need to flip).
- While nuggets are baking, mix the melted 3 Tbsp of butter/ghee and 2 Tbsp of Hot Sauce. After nuggets have baked for 15 minutes, remove from oven and brush each side of each nugget with the butter/hot sauce mixture. Place nuggets back into the oven and bake another 5 minutes.