Juicing is absolutely wonderful for your health! But, how many times have you thought to yourself as you’re pouring the leftover pulp in the trash can… “I know I should be using this pulp, but I have no idea what to do with it…”
Well, I have a delicious (and easy) recipe for you today that’ll put your carrot pulp to good use!
By the way, one of my all time favorite juice recipes is: Carrot, Apple, Ginger – which is what I drank while snacking on these muffins this afternoon.
It’s a definite must-try if you haven’t tried it!
Here’s a Quick Tip for You: Juice the carrots first. Then, dump the carrot pulp into a bowl before juicing the rest of your juice.
These muffins are Vegan, Gluten Free, Low Fat, Oil Free, Nut Free, and (most importantly) Delicious!! My boyfriend actually liked these better than his (store bought) scones. I’m glad he’s beginning to see that healthy food can taste just as good (if not better) than those unhealthy desserts in the deli!
I hope y’all enjoy these as much as I did!
Carrot Cake Muffins
Made from the pulp of carrots after running the carrots through a juicer.
- 1 lb Carrots Juiced through a Juicer
- 2 1/2 Cups Carrot Pulp
- 10 Dates (pitted)
- 1/2 Heaping Cup Dry Rolled Oats
- 1/3 Cup Dried Coconut Flakes
- 2 Pinches of Pink Salt or Sea Salt
- 3 Dashes of Nutmeg
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Raw Cane Sugar Crystal or Coconut Palm Sugar (not liquid)
- Food Processor
- Mini Muffin Pan (optional)
For the Carrot Juice
- Run the carrots through a juicer
- Collect the Pulp
For the Muffins
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until it reaches a sticky-like consistency.
- Divide mixture into 11 or 12 pieces.
- Add to muffin pan or roll into balls.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature
If you don’t have a muffin pan, you can also roll these into balls and serve the same way.