When I first began this health journey, I honestly didn’t know how to put together a salad that truly encouraged my body to detox, heal, and nourish itself. Sure, I knew how to throw veggies and lettuce in a bowl and top it with some sort of “all natural” salad dressing. But, I had no clue how to combine certain herbs and veggies to create the ultimate detox salad! And, I certainly didn’t have a clue on how to make my own raw vegan salad dressing from scratch!!
My goal is to share with you all of the tips and tricks I’ve learned over the past 4 years in order to (hopefully) make your life easier AND detox your body faster!
Below, is a guide on how to put together the Ultimate Detox Salad! Feel free to mix it up so you don’t get bored.
Additionally, I’ve listed a few extra tips below this image as well as several delicious detox salad dressings! ENJOY!!
A Few Tips Concerning Detox Salad Guide:
- Choose organic, if possible. If you can only choose a few organic items, choose organic leafy greens because conventional versions tend to hold more pesticides.
- If you choose nuts or seeds as your “1 Healthy Fat,” be sure to soak your nuts and seeds. Soaking nuts and seeds in water over night (24 hours) helps them to digest more easily and, as a result, your body is able to more easily absorb the nutrients. Trust me on this one!!
- If you choose coconut meat as your “1 Healthy Fat,” be sure it’s fresh coconut meat straight from the coconut or organic dehydrated coconut flakes that have no added ingredients.
- For cheaper produce, shop at a local Farmer’s Market or Ethnic Market.
- If you’re not sure what sprouts are (in the super food section), google how to sprout seeds. Sprouts are a power house of nutrition!!
- If you purchase your nuts and/or seeds at a grocery store, make sure they’re unroasted and unsalted. The label will usually say Natural on it.
Brands I recommend for the pre-packaged items on this Guide: